or Connect

Posts by VTmamadownsouth

We have determined, through ED that DS is definitely sensative to Eggs, Dairy, Soy, and probably wheat. We're still trying to figure out the other problem foods. Because he's only getting the red splotches on his face, his Dr. doesn't seem concerned enough to test him. I am still soooooo confused by all of this stuff. It seems like none of the tests are terribly accurate, and a TED isn't even a sure thing (not to mention the torture and weight loss of it). And why is...
Regarding the abx - just last week I gave up my 6 week battle with an on-and-off cold siutation that was causing the ears to be infected. The reaction to amoxicillin was worse than the ear infection! I should have stuck with taking all the immune support myself, nursing a ton, and dropping in garlic oil when I could. (We can't do Hyland's because they have lactose in them). DS now is showing some mysterious food sensativities and his previously perfect teeth are now...
Would a wheat intolerance during my pregnancy be related to DS's new food reactions? I never thought of this until I was reading through the MDC Allergy archives and someone else mentioned being wheat intolerant during pregnancy, but when I was about 7.5months pregnant I very suddenly got terrible acid reflux. I would literally spit up my food, and constantly had a burning sensation and pressure in my throat/esophagus. It took me about 2 weeks to realize this would...
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 Those things are usually benign though -- except maybe the black pepper... those are the only things he had? Well . . . tell me if this was wrong. Last night I made myself a feast because I was starving (having not had any safe food in the house save quinoa and black beans). So, I went shopping and started cooking. Roasted brussle sprouts and beats w/ olive oil, thyme, sea salt, and pepper. Roasted sweet...
Thanks so much for the responses, we've been feeling a lot better (emotionally) now that I have a little better clue on how to figure this out. So, here's my new question. DS spit up just once yesterday, in the afternoon, quite a while after he'd eaten anything. Last night at dinner he got a couple red splotches on his face. Not raised, didn't seem to itch, went away in 10 minutes. Happened again today at breakfast (roasted sweet potato and winter squash). I wasn't...
Orignally posted this in the Dental Forum, but got no responses, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I just noticed that my 14 mo. DS's teeth are a little yellow. He just finished a round of amoxicillin for a persistant ear infection, and I think this is to blame. Didn't have ANY idea this was a possible side effect, I just googled it and I'm made the discovery. I'm so furious with myself and the pedi. for giving him this! Does anyone have any experience with this?...
Quote: Originally Posted by Therese's Mommy I don't know anything about the red ring (I have never seen it), but spitting up one time means nothing. Beth Yes but spitting up was how I discovered he was sensative to dairy. When I would consume dairy and nurse him, he'd spit up. Once I removed dairy from my diet, the spitting up pretty much went away (except for the normal over-full or pressure on his belly situations). So, when he spits up...
If I know dairy is a problem, and we're removing all TRACES of it from our diets (before he seemed to tolerate trace amounts in things like crackers), and I'm also eliminating soy, eggs, and corn to see if they're also causing problems, should I also be doing something to help him heal? I've read about CLO and probiotics. Are these good to do even while you're still trying to figure out exactly what is the culprit? Are there other good things to do to heal his...
Thanks so much! I really need the support. I feel like I'm falling apart over this. I always prided myself on being really good and level-headed in a "crisis", but now that I'm a mom I've lost composure. I think having a "plan" for how to figure this all out helps so much. Also, having ideas for what to eat helps. So, any more ideas for some fats? Here is my grocery list so far: okra, avocados, sweet potatos, beets, zucchini, brussle sprouts, mango, and snapper. ...
I've been keeping a food journal the past few days to try to identify what might be causing some minor reactions in DS (14 mo). I have a few questions about this. How long do you try to keep the journal for? Do you eat as you normally would, or is there a pattern for how you should eat? Are problem foods easy to identify? I know DS spits up when I have dairy, so I've kept that out for months now. But lately I've been noticing some other issues that I'd like to...