or Connect

Posts by mamabird83

Hey there,   My girl has always been very sensitive. As a babe it was easy to comfort her by nursing, rocking or just whispering "I love you". Now that she is 5, I find myself more and more at a loss.    She gets frustrated or mad so easily and immediately jumps to extreme behavior. If I suggest that it is time to brush her teeth, she throws herself down on the floor screaming "this is the worst day ever". Yesterday she wanted to paint so I got everything set up. I...
Here's the back story:   While I try to avoid main-stream medicine whenever possible, my mother is a retired pharmacist who is constantly trying to push medication on me and my children that I don't want. For every natural remedy I use she has an argument for why it can't work. This is SO frustrating.   We are *hopefully* on the tail end of a difficult run of illnesses here. My almost 2 yo DD has been sick for the past month without a break. She went from puking,...
My 4 year old daughter has always been very emotionally needy. As a baby she nursed over 14 hours a day! And just as she did as a baby, she continues to use crying as the primary way she communicates her needs. I counted how many "freak outs" we had yesterday. She threw 13 tantrums in one day! And that is a pretty typical day.   The funny thing is I have a 9 month old who cried twice during the same day. It is like their rolls or reversed. I have a baby that doesn't...
My poor daughter has had intense tummy aches for the past two weeks, all day, every day. She has had tummy aches for over a year but it seems to have intensified recently. She even wakes up crying in the middle of the night saying her tummy hurts. She has no other symptoms. She has regular and solid BMs. She does not strain when going to the bathroom. We eat a well balanced vegetarian diet which includes dairy. She eats a good amount of probiotics including yogurt and...
I have done my best to parent with Gentle Discipline, although like all of us some days are better than others. Lately my 3yo daughter has begun crying when she is upset and being disciplined, "nobody loves me", "nobody is here to take care of me", or "please be my friend". She says these things with tears flooding down her cheeks and an incredible amount of grief in her voice. When she is upset with us for telling her "no" she will say, "I want Papa/Mama. He/She loves...
Thanks mamas. In response to some questions and comments... she does not usually cry she just fusses and grunts very loudly. And I had already tried the belly massage, but her muscles are so tight, it is not really effective.   So if this is normal... does any one know when it is normal to grow out of? When do babies' digestive systems begin to mature?
The probiotic is just a capsule- no dairy. I could try eliminating soy. It is hard to get enough protein as a vegetarian without dairy or soy. :(
Our one month old daughter sleeps and eats very well but from 2:00am to 7:00am she is constantly grunting, burping, spiting up and farting. The fussing finally ends around 7 when she manages to poop. Although she spits up a fair amount during the day, she sleeps VERY well during the day and does not grunt the way she does during the wee hours of the morning.   She sleeps in bed with my husband, 3 yo daughter and myself. This makes for a very disruptive night of...
I had a very difficult first labor due to extra fluid and am currently 27 weeks pregnant with my second child and measuring 29cm. While I know this is still definitely within the range of normal. I am worried that I am beginning to carry this baby the same as my first and that I will once again have to deal with some of the same complications.   With my first child I measured normal until the 3rd trimester and then my FH gradually began to increase until I was 44cm...
Thanks for the advice Italiamom! I agree with you completely.