or Connect

Posts by adlib77

For secular homeschoolers (some of which are unschoolers), look up NWASH on yahoo groups. :) I recently left the group because I'm going to college myself and we decided putting the kids back in school was the best plan for our family, but they're some great folks!
Hi! I have a Gypsy Mama BBB that we practically lived in last summer, but it took me a while to get the hang of wearing my daughter on my back. We finally got the hang of it - we did a rucksack carry with some fabric crossed under her butt/legs - but now that hold tends to cause issues. Last year, we had problems with both the pouch slipping up over her butt or the crossed over fabric being too pinchy on her legs. I found that actually loosening the hold a little helped...
Jeannine is awesome. I have nothing to add except
Yep - what mntnmom said. My oldest was into food, though more interested in finger foods than purees. My second had zero interest in anything but breastmilk until she could eat a sandwich - around 14 months. Also, my second was always in the 15th percentile - which was never a concern. She's still small and eats more than I do! My 9 month old eats mostly dirt, bugs, and her sisters' beads and stickers, but she also likes to gnaw on apple cores and eat what we're eating....
I don't think it's rude or overstepping, but you should be prepared for it to be taken that way. If the mom isn't supportive of the relationship, she isn't likely to be appreciative of the gift, either. That's a bummer, because it sounds like it would be a great tool for helping your dss with the transition. Good luck with everything. Maybe you (or DP) could speak to her about your concerns in terms of dss's trouble with transition. In other words, phrase it SOLELY about...
What a great story! My dh and I have a lot of "near misses" that we've realized since we've been together. We both went to a lot of the same punk shows when we were teenagers/in our early 20's and never actually met. We also had a lot of mutual friends. Funny, though, we didn't meet until after we both had been married, had children, and had been divorced. And I think that's exactly what it took for us to know we wanted to be married and raise children together. I also...
I bought my 10 year old a cell phone for her birthday in part so she can call me when she visits her dad (a few times a year 600 miles away). BUT I feel it's important that it doesn't interfere with her visit with her dad, so I'll only send it so she can call me if she wants. He wouldn't forbid her to call me, but she's also not inclined to ask out of fear of hurting his feelings. So the plan is that I won't call her at all, but she can call me if she wants and I would...
Yeah, I would go to the games. Just be polite and keep an eye on how it's affecting dsd. If the tension is truly terrible, it may be better to step back for a bit for dsd's sake. But I would say give it a while and see if her mom might get used to you being around.
Quote: Originally Posted by NolaRiordan Because we have joint legal custody we both have to agree on any medical decisions....So if I was going to take the kids to counseling for this or any other issue I'd have to have it ordered by a judge. You might double check this. I have joint legal custody with my ex (but primary physical custody) and our decree outlines that we are to confer with each other on medical decisions, but that the final...
AbigailGrace - my daughters call dh Allen Daddy. They started it recently because my dsd calls him daddy (of course) and the little one will likely call him daddy and they noticed that dsd had started saying Allen. Their dad lives a 5 hour drive away and they hold their relationship with him dear, so they didn't find it acceptable that she call him Allen. So they started calling him Allen Daddy so he could be both! I've also noticed that they'll talk *about* me as Courtney...