or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

Hi, all.  My DD is upon her 5th birthday and I'm seeking a party or playdate for her.  We may not be able to travel far, but we'll try if we have to.
I just did a search on IAOMT and found a PPT which showed Grandio does have both BPA and xenoestrogens. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=015448055710599057134:rgtls4sbu3i&cof=FORID:0&q=grandio Granted, the amount of each is one of the lowest found, but it's still not comforting to me. I wish I could find a material that doesn't worry me.  
I would really like to have my amalgams removed, but I want to give remineralization a chance before I go any further. Unfortunately, I called the only two bio dentists within a 25 mile radius and neither will do it. I even said that I would sign whatever necessary for me to just get things done my way, but no dice. I could look further away, but I'm not sure when we could deal with a long drive with our two year old since I won't leave her with anyone. So I'm at the point...
My daughter is two years old, unvaccinated, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have ASD. We don't see doctors, but nothing she does strikes me as being out of the ordinary and she proves to be highly intelligent. Autism really has nothing to do with why I chose not to vaccinate. I just think it's important not to tamper with what is natural.
My point is that if it was along the lines of a 'chuckle under the chin' as you put it, it wouldn't have been followed by 'you're a bad mother.' Would you honestly say something like that as a joke? I get direct with people, but direct doesn't have to mean physical or even insulting. I wouldn't make excuses for poor behavior. She's an adult, and regardless of where she's from, she should know better. I grew up around aggression. My own mother was very abusive, her mother...
It's highly unlikely that she was trying to fit in when she told her she was a bad mother following the slap. If you're trying to fit in, you wouldn't be insulting. From my point of view, she was berating her for her choice to not vaccinate her child. I grew up in a third world country and I will say people were more aggressive there, but moreso with their kids than with other adults. Still, it wasn't unheard of for people to slap other people, but it was never under...
I already looked it up after posting my response. You have to keep in mind that nothing Trinidad's government has done is based on any kind of logic. They have an unhealthy obsession with following America in everything it does. This does not generally bode well with the public, but it's seen as 'progress' all the same. Regardless, you never needed an exemption in Trinidad and I'm sure a lot of people, having grown up as I did, don't bother with getting their kids...
Trinidad, a Caribbean island. An entire island of mostly non-vaccinated people must seem scary, but I assure you it wasn't. My cousins' parents sought out their childhood diseases. My mother chose the 'modern' method of getting the only two vaccines available--one being for tetanus--and keeping me hidden away at home from my own cousins. Recently, one of my relatives passed away. He was almost 90, and was suffering from a couple cancers, but I mention him because he had...
Fortunately for me, heathergirl67, I grew up in a third world country which didn't administer almost any vaccines. My mother was the worrying type and the only two vaccines available were, of course, given to me. This was in the 80s, again, in a third world country, with a dirty (and easily contaminated) water supply--the tanks at the water plant weren't even covered. Meanwhile, the incidence of these diseases was almost nil. People weren't getting sick and dying all...
heathergirl67, on the issue of vaccination rate, I feel you're misjudging here. I'm not trying to be offensive, so don't take it that way. It's plastered all over numerous news articles that the CDC is unhappy with the adult vaccination rate, that most adults don't get boosters, and in some cases, there aren't any for that age group anyway. The numbers were posted here over a year ago that the population was around 33 million with only about 750,000 children. Children are...