or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

It says here that an infant needs 2 mcg/day. A cup of spinach has 145 mcg. Broccoli has even more. If you're BFing, especially if EBFing, I'd eat some green veggies everyday and not worry about it, honestly... I love both broccoli and spinach, so it could just be that I find that easy.
You can add me as a friend though I hardly post anything on Facebook. I only have a real life acquaintance there and some friends I met while gaming online, so I don't feel comfortable discussing very personal decisions (like vaccinating) with all of them and just don't. But I'd gladly read anything you post. I think the thing that really bums me out about this issue is the hostility from those who are pro-vaccine. They call me names, they tell me I'm ungrateful, etc....
I've been told they don't have to ask about the vitamin K shot because it's 'routine.' I still see it as a violation. Their form specifically said absolutely nothing was to be given without consent. They didn't ask for my consent. They just gave it. So remember to bring it up beforehand because they more than likely won't.
Well, I think it's up to you to be informed without a doctor's help. A pro-vax doc will say vax just because you're alive and breathing. An anti-vax doc will say don't vax at all. Someone in the middle is probably going to advocate one vax or another you disprove of. It's probably easier to just look up the specific area and each disease and decide for yourself if the risk is really that high. Don't forget to consider that many vaccines don't even prevent the disease,...
I grew up in my mother's birth country which happens to be a 3rd world country. The water was so brown sometimes, it looked like diluted mud. Meanwhile, there were maybe 2 vaccines routinely administered there. The polio vaccine was never even offered when I was a child--I don't know if it is offered now. The only person I ever knew of having polio there was an older relative who is now about 80 years old. He had about 6 siblings who didn't show any signs of it, so either...
That was a really good read. Thank you for posting it.
Here's a news story from The Sun. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...mic-claim.html Quote: Wolfgang Wodarg, head of health at the Council of Europe, claims major firms organised a "campaign of panic" to put pressure on the World Health Organisation to declare a pandemic. Quote: But there is worse to come. The vaccine developed by Novartis was produced in a bioreactor from cancerous cells — a technique that had never been used...
To be fair, bugs and some small animals get killed on fruit/vegetable farms as well during the various processes. I've even had meat eaters use that point with me to vilify veganism. Of course it still doesn't compare to the suffering caused by eating meat, but we can't pretend it doesn't happen either. My grandfather kept bees. He never did anything harmful to them and brought home raw honey every few months or so. Bees use honey in the winter when they can't bear the...
A study I read recently (from this year in fact) concluded that D2 and D3 are equally effective. We're still nursing, so I still take my prenatal, but I also take another 6,000 IU of D2 per day.
For the record, I don't know how true these numbers are, but I'm just drawing a parallel. According to this website, there are 7,000 cases of SIDS each year. Perhaps it's just me, but I find this far more alarming than a handful of supposed influenza deaths where we're not even given all the data.