or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

Thank you, forthebest. Hey, jakesmama, I just noticed your DS shares my birthday and your DD's birthday is the day before my DD's. What a coincidence. My mother was a little skeptical too, but only a little. She's learned to trust my judgement by now. She still hesitates sometimes, but she comes around eventually.
It may be the 'bad mommy' form. I agree that you should ask for a copy. I read and re-read the form before signing and I loathed putting my signature on it. I even told them which line I didn't agree with at all. But I signed it because I had to for our DD to even be looked at there and because my DH didn't agree with my decision not to vaccinate at the time. He's come around by now and the doctor got rid of us immediately because I was firm about my choice. In the end we...
Talk about ignorance. Worse yet, from a doctor. I had the cold almost every week of my childhood and I was vaccinated. My cousins hardly ever got sick and weren't vaccinated. Of course, I was lactose intolerant too and it went undiagnosed for years, so that was part of the problem, but again, my cousins didn't get sick unvaccinated. They got the VPDs and came through just fine. And they were brought up on the SAD which isn't healthy. So much for big bad VPDs.
We were kicked out and got a letter in the mail, but no referral.
I don't lie, but I don't bring it up either. I'm not the most social person, so the only people who ever ask about it are the people we see at WIC. I immediately say we don't vaccinate and offer nothing further. I'm not going to hide it even though I do have a fear of CPS being called on us for it--which is so stupid when you think about it--but I feel that if I don't let them know that I've made this choice, then I may not be a sheep, but I'd be pretending to be one. And...
I don't know if there is one, PaigeC. Honestly, after seeing our pediatrician's attitude, I didn't expect better from another. That's why I searched for a naturopath instead. What really shocked me was the complete 180 he did because when I was still unsure about vaxing, I was making excuses like I want her bilirubin level to come down first, and he was just oozing with sweetness then. The moment I outrightly said no to vaxing, not only did his behavior change, but his...
I've read 'Raising a Vaccine Free Child' and only two things really bothered me. First, the author talks about how wonderful vitamin C is--which I fully agree with--but then she turned around and said don't give it to a child with a VPD. But she later talks about how Dr. Klenner used it to cure and treat polio. She just confuses the matter altogether. The second thing I didn't like was her using so much space to push homeopathy. I'm not discounting its possible value, but...
First, I'm new here. Hi, everyone. Our pediatrician 'recommended' vaccination. When I said no, not only did he make me sign the 'bad mommy' form, but he told me to find a new doctor. He said I was ignoring his recommendation. I told him I was simply disagreeing with it. He told me I was ill-informed by monetary sources. Right, cause I'm the one getting paid in this situation? I grinned and bore it as he gave his little performance painting me as the evil mother to my...