or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

I wouldn't worry about it until he starts to wean. My DD is still nursing too and I'm still taking my prenatal. I can even see the excess B2 in her urine, so I know she's getting it through me.
Damn, well I certainly wish you luck.
The intro diet, yes...that's why we didn't do it. From what I've heard, it's supposed to speed up the healing process dramatically. I find just eating gut-friendly did a world of good for me. But perhaps the antibiotics made my situation so extreme that the value of that was magnified. My mother used to give me cod liver oil when I was a child. I'm not sure there's any easy way to get a kid to down that stuff... It's pretty horrid. We take virgin coconut oil. My DD is...
Texturized soy protein.
Apart from 'The China Study,' I've yet to see any studies using people as the subjects. Call me stupid, but I just can't find any value in studying the way a completely different species responds to something. Cedar is poisonous to hamsters. I guess we should avoid all cedar furnishings then. Heck, grapes are poisonous to dogs. Perhaps we should slap a warning label on them to disuade human consumption then. That being said, we don't consume soy currently, but may in...
Quote: Originally Posted by momofmine This intro feels a little like a candida starving diet, which I don't totally agree with... Can you explain why? I'm just curious because I get the impression that you know something I don't... Sorry to hijack! More on topic, we're SCD vegans. I know, extra limiting, but we were vegan first. The introduction diet definitely was out for us as a result, but I don't give it much value in the grand scheme of...
Oh, I don't really puree. I mean, I mill, but not everything. Like I mill spinach and carrots--these never seem to get soft enough to my liking when I steam them. But everything else I dice fairly small. She didn't chew enough once and struggled a little when she was swallowing, but since then she does fine. She just finds the food so fascinating in her hands. She needs to roll and squeeze it to oblivion. And when the excitement builds up, she picks up the plate and throws...
Quote: Originally Posted by tmaue My understanding is that alot of breastfeedings power is with promoting good bacteria in the gut which keeps the "bad" bacteria in check. I am not as concerned with what kind of antibodies the breastmilk provides, just the health of the gut promoted by breastfeeding. : KimberlyD0, it's not enough to say one sibling on formula is in great health and one on breastmilk isn't. Every individual is different, even...
I may have the facts wrong, but I think there was a study showing that when vaccinated people get things like tetanus, the body doesn't make as many antibiodies as it should in response. I think the gist of it was that vaccines affect the body's sensitivity toward these germs, diminishing the response. I wish I could remember where I read it so I could link it... i'll have to look around.
I think I read of 1 or 2 that may be effective, but I hardly think the risks will ever outweigh the benefits.