or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

This is not useful to you, but I also won't go there with in-laws. My mother agrees with me, but if she didn't, she could bite me too and she knows this. I don't have to explain diddly squat to anyone except my child because she is the only one truly affected. I simply choose not to interfere with mother nature.
I think she's either very ignorant or has a wild imagination.
Quote: Originally Posted by malmutes&uteruses I would think to ask a non-vaxed child to steer clear of my children in case they might be carrying something. What would a non-vaccinated child be carrying that a vaccinated child would not? If you're worried about the diseases you're vaccinating against, then you must not believe the vaccines work. My child is not the one carrying the VADs. No one injected them into her, she hasn't showed any...
Wow, I had gotten a concoction from my naturopath and it took me 3 days if I remember right... I think it was similar to the More Milk Plus product. I pumped every 2 hours for 15 minutes on each side. I used the Medela Harmony. I think the pump itself has a lot to do with it, that's why I chose the one I did. ETA: I also used a lot of mind power, visualizing it all working and the milk coming in. But this isn't for everyone...just thought I'd metion it. The mind is a...
I have PCOS and I don't believe it was an issue at all. I pumped lots of colostrum the day before I went into labor--for the record, I don't suggest doing this--and my breasts grew quite a lot while I was pregnant. My problem was just very horrible, wrong advice and negativity everywhere I turned because everyone knew beforehand that I had PCOS. it took almost 3 weeks for me to dump all the naysayers, then with the help of fenugreek and (finally) constant nursing,...
My DD's teeth haven't come in yet and she won't self-feed (unless the remote and other non-food items count), but she did lose the tongue thrust reflex and started chewing on my fingers instead of sucking them about 5 weeks ago, I felt she was ready, so we started adding solids to her diet. She's about 9 months and a week now and gets cranky when everyone is eating but her. While I would prefer that she feeds herself for her own personal development, I think that's just...
Neither. If fat is the only concern, there are other sources of it. My DD is 9 months old and eats her coconut oil everyday. We will wean when she's ready to, and even if she chooses to do it tomorrow, I wouldn't see any milk as a necessity. There isn't usually just one answer to anything in life. There is, however, one that you may prefer.
We use cloth. If we had to use disposables, we wouldn't go near Pampers because of this.
I never heard of anyone checking the acidity of the blood itself. Saliva and urine though, yes. And you can tell this way just how alkaline or acidic your body is. I've read studies on pH and cancer and there is an apparent link between the two. Of course, cancer may be linked to many things that were overlooked in these studies. But yes, the body prefers to be slightly alkaline and will take calcium from our stores--the bones--to get back to this point. If you're...
Okay...wow. That was a very sad story. We were able to get past a very rocky start and I'm still exhausted, so I can only imagine what you're going through. And to this... Quote: The LC said we'd missed the window on establishing supply. ...heck no. I was ignorant in the beginning and thought there was such a window, but I don't believe now that there is. Yes, there is a period where it's easier because you just had your baby, your hormones are...