or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

I know pumping and nursing are a bit different, but for months my DD slept for 6-10 hours straight at night. Now she nurses frequently throughout the night because I've changed some things, but my supply didn't change while she was sleeping through the night. Of course, she always nursed very frequently throughout the day, so that's likely a big part of why the nightly hiatus didn't affect us.
I didn't have mastitis, but I had plugged ducts most likely because of my oversupply. I believe they're dealt with similarly? I could be wrong...anyone please correct me. Well, one day out of the blue, I got a plugged duct. The pain wasn't unbearable but it had only just started and I didn't want it to get worse. So we nursed on that side more than the other while I used light compression and massage on the area. And then...wouldn't you know...the other side started...
That was pretty much me 12 years ago, except no fiance and baby--I was just 16 anyway. I grew up learning how to be self-sufficient, so when the time came, I simply started cooking just for myself. There were times when I would share with the family because they said the food smelled good. My chocolate cake was always a big hit, and I finally perfected TVP. My mother will also never give up certain things, and that's fine. It took years for her to stop offering meat to...
Huh, well...I had no trouble substituting half the oil/'margarine' in my recipe with applesauce which happens to be a great egg replacer. I've made lovely chocolate cakes this way, and the taste of the cocoa powder completely masks the taste of the applesauce. Of course, now we're gluten free...so I have to figure out how to do all of this with coconut flour. I've got flaxseed, so I'll probably use that as an egg replacer instead. ETA: Applesauce also tend to even...
In my earlier vegan years, it did make me very nauseous. It would have been unfair of me to ask them not to cook it when I was around, so I would just stay in my closed bedroom until the smell had passed. As the years went by, it got better. Then I got pregnant. Wow, I got so nauseous from the scent of it, I paced constantly, rubbing my head, trying to concentrate very hard on not puking. My DH eats meat everyday, so it was quite an issue. I still hate the scent of it...
To add to what PPs have said...there's apparently a flavor of koolaid that makes your poop green. But I don't know if you drink it. Thought everyone might find that interesting though.
Perhaps, also, you're more worried than necessary. I know it's easy to be when we're constantly told we don't get diddly squat for protein and need so very much. Remember that the vast majority of Americans are getting way too much protein and that is just as unhealthy as too little. Also, the WHO did studies on the amounts of protein and calcium that we need and their results showed the RDA for both are high, calcium much more so. But of course, the more protein you eat,...
Wish I had words of wisdom here. My DD also had a shallow latch. I re-latched her till the cows came home and it hardly ever got better until she was 4 1/2 months old. My nipples are small, and she was as well, but my breasts were huge, so I'm guessing she just couldn't open her mouth wide enough. But she has since become a pro. The only position we could use with the least pain and discomfort for me was the football. That basically still stands.
No stores I can think of...but I may just not know how to look well enough. That's why I 'blindly' ordered the Moby. It has been good to us though sometimes a pain to go through the wrapping process. But it has definitely helped ease the pressure on my back to a point. One of the reasons I thought I would like it was actually the stretchiness, but it bugged me from the start...funny that. I looked at the mei tai. It seems to have the same functionality of the Moby but...
Not close to outgrowing it--she's about 15 1/4 lbs. at 9 months. But we're all petite, so she's not considerably small/light from my point of view, know what I mean? I notice the podaegi is used to carry little ones on your back. I had considered this as I find that things are usually easier on my back if carried there instead of in front of me. I'm just paranoid and would like to always have her 100% visible. Gosh, it seems like I can't compromise with my own self.