or Connect

Posts by buttercupmama

The charts were becoming an issue for us. My DD was always small, both sides of her family consist of petite people. That being said, I've read a lot about weight, how much is normal, amount of excretion to look out for, everything you can imagine on the issue. I find that the only thing the 'professionals' care about is their beloved charts. I've got a friend with a small baby. Her gains were slow and steady just as my DD's and she just recently shot up like a weed. So...
So I've had a bad back most of my life. Using the chi machine 3 years ago, within 3 days every pain in my body was gone. I haven't used it much since then, but in the last trimester of my pregnancy, pain returned. I suffered through it, not wanting to hurt my baby. It's not the same pain, but there are similar issues--like bending is a no-no. My mother has a bad back too. Weak skeletal structure perhaps? Anyway, we have a Moby wrap. It has been a big help. Specifically...
That's really awesome that you can finally agree on the issue. I can imagine how stressful it was. It took months to get my DH over vaccination. Circumcision was easier, funny enough... But he'll reluctantly read whatever I put in front of him. At least I can get that much out of him.
While it does get better, how much depends on a lot of factors, I'm sure. My DD is 9 months old and still nurses around the clock. I can get as much as a 45 minute break out of her, but not more than two per day because the rest of the time I have to work overtime to make up for it. Her weight gain is fine at 4 oz./week, so it's not to say she isn't getting enough. She's just super clingy and really enjoys nursing. I can't even get out of her sight unless she's preoccupied...
Don't like the concentrate in it. Waiting for a reply from BioCare.
I found a company called Natren when I was looking for vegan probiotics. ETA: I reread and saw you're looking for infant probiotics. Natren only has an infant product cultured in dairy. ETAA: BioCare claims to have dairy-free bifidobacterium infantis. I'll try emailing them. I'm also interested in this. And by the way, caprylic acid was recommended to me to combat yeast. You could try supplementing with virgin coconut oil. This will even increase the caprylic...
Your baby is a preemie. The question on my mind is just how often are preemies vaccinated? From what I've read, even pro-vaccination doctors recommend waiting until the child is the right gestational age. Let's look at it from the hospital's point of view. How common is it for preemies and/or babies in the NICU to be vaccinated? If we're looking at even a 1:10 figure and not something that happens once every blue moon, then the nurse is just being empathetic to cover her...
Thank you for making me aware of this. My mother, myself, and my DD are allergic to dairy. It physically manifests differently in all of us, but the underlying issue is still the same. I'm so glad I chose not to vaccinate her. I don't even want to imagine how she would have reacted to the shots.
We have a Moby. At first, it was easier for me to hold my DD and wrap us together. Now that she's older and a tiny bit less clingy, I can set her down to wrap first. My problem with the wrap came mostly from using it in cold weather with all the layers of clothing. I decided I liked it best under my hoodie, especially since it was my maternity hoodie, so I could close it around us both if it was cold enough for that. Not to mention when she wasn't in it, no one would...
Without a baby, a lot of it is going to depend on the pump. When I tried this before, I did use herbs, so I can't comment on just pumping, but after a week, I started getting milk. I was using the Medela Harmony which was okay.