or Connect

Posts by Bluegoat

"Dispensationalism is a Protestant evangelical tradition [1] based on a biblical hermeneutic that sees a series of chronologically successive "dispensations" or periods in history in which God relates to human beings in different ways under different Biblical covenants."(Wikipedia)
  Liturgy is just an order for public worship.  In different groups it can vary widely.   So in my church we have a hymn, and then some prayers to get started, with an orientation to church season.  Then we read the bible lessons, say the creed, and hear the sermon. (Because the Creed comes from what we learn in Scripture and from the Church, and the sermon teaches about them.)    There is an offertory (where we give money but also ourselves) and intercessions (where we...
  That's great!  I think there is something very wonderful about seeing Scripture laid out in liturgy - that's really it's natural place, how it is meant to be presented to us.  And it's awesome that your dh is being supportive, that will make it much easier.
I've only been once to Divine Liturgy, but I became very emotional and wept, which is not the norm for me at all - I am not inclined to emotionalism.  I hope you will be able to tell us what you think. 
What a nice blog!  I love her photographs.   I couldn't watch the video either.  Stupid format-thingy.
  When the new legislation was passed, private midwives were allowed, but they are required, I believe, to pay for malpractice insurance.  My understanding was that this is so expensive it effectively made it impossible for privately paid for midwives to practise legally.   If there is anyone out there willing to do it under the table, I don't know.  That is what I would look for myself, but there are obviously downsides to doing that.
Here is a very short article outlining some basic beliefs of the Orthodox.  There are about two paragraphs and then some bullets.  I think it is good, as far as it goes, which isn't far!  Everything else I've seen is pages long though.    ETA - I guess I should say accurate about Orthodoxy as far as it ges  I notice they have given a common but incorrect definition of sola scriptura.
  Anglicans tend to believe in what is called the Real Presence.  That is, the bread and wine mystically become the Body and Blood of Christ.  There have always been some who do not, though that wasn't actually the most common POV until recently, and it still isn't in many parts of the world.  Even then the usual belief seems to have been that it is spiritually transformed (whatever that means ) but more than symbolic.  The fact that at an Episcopalian divinity school...
Are you resolving on the computer thing?  That's a good idea.  Good luck with it if that is your plan.  I'll not expect to hear back from you on this necessarily, but I'll give a few of my thoughts.   The main thing I would say is that this whole discussion for me shows that this issue is not clear and easy.  You are quite convinced you are being perfectly logical and Biblical.  It seems to me not to be the case.  And more than that, this argument has been going on for...