or Connect

Posts by Bluegoat

We have a few we use. one standard is: Bless our Lord this food to our use, and us to Thy service, and make us ever mindful of the needs of others. Amen. Sometimes we do this responsive prayer: The eyes of all wait upon Thee, O Lord. R. And thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hands R. And fillest all things living with plentiousness. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and To the Holy Ghost, R. As it was in the beginning, is...
When my dd points out something that might be socially questionable, we go with the "everybody is different" line. In private I have talked to her a bit about not commenting on people's bodies, but she isn't really reliable about it yet. I don't talk to her about it at the time because I don't want to embarrass her or the person she has commented on. Right now she is very sensitive to making wrong social moves, I think because she is aware they exist, but isn't always...
There is an organization that gives out information on the legal rights of American moms in hospital giving birth. They are called Childbirth Connection. Here is a link to their website's section on rights.
Quote: Originally Posted by paxye Not common at all... and sadly often not the reason that people induce. Especially "natural" inductions... Most often it is because women are just tired of being pregnant and are near or past an arbitrary date. When trying to induce labour for no "medical" reason then I think that even "natural induction" (cohosh, membrane stripping, castor oil etc) is interfering with the natural course of things and can lead to...
I've been trying to decide what to do about diapers for the new bean. Many of my fitted ones have begun to disintegrate, which is nice for the rag bag but I suspect the others are not long for this world either. I have a ton of pre-folds, but they aren't quite as convenient. And to top it off, I have been thinking of trying EC with the new baby. So I can't decide whether to go for new diapers or not. I am really attracted by the new one-size pocket diapers - mine are...
Well, I think church shopping can have it's downsides. And for a sacramental church, you are quite right - the sacraments are available in all of them, so there is no reason to shop on that account. However, I recently did switch from mu local Anglican Church to one much farther away. This was for me a big, difficult decison, because I want to worship in my own community, I think it is important not to get into picking and choosing the people you worship with as if...
I was thinking - why not buy them a real mah jong game (I can't spell it either!)
We have an assortment that is just things I thought would be fun. THe princess/fairy stuff is always big. We have some cowboy stuff, and a safari outfit - my pith helmet with a shirt my dh picked up in Africa. Accessories are popular, hats, purses with wallets and compacts, and so on. We have a black suit vest that gets used for a lot of different things. A pirate hat, and a generic kind of "anima"l hood with ears. They usually make a tail to go with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikani Part of my PhD work was studying human growth patterns, and so I spent about half an hour trying to explain to her why is was unreasonable to expect any child to track a particular percentile curve for any growth parameter. She really had not understood how those charts were compiled before we spoke, and I hope that by explaining them, I helped her help future patients as well. Now, this is interesting - I'd...
If she does get a c-section, she might want to see if they will let her actually go into labour first.