or Connect

Posts by underthebluerug

Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 And you DESERVE such support. You have faced something that is very scary, and chosen to fight it. You are awesome. : Hang in there!
Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 That's great, and I am all for alternative therapies. My whole point is that I do not want moms who go on meds to feel like they have failed in some way because they did not have success with the work or any other method of dealing with depression. There is a tendency to be judgmental toward women who go on meds, and that stigma needs to go away. In the view of everyone, not just the woman on the...
I like "Decent Exposure", but a quick Google shows it in use by several companies, including one that supplies bras for women with fuller figures. "Barely Bare" (with or even without the "Med Wear") is catchy. Just an idea, but you could also brainstorm invented words, like "Modestations" (but don't use that one, because it looks too much like "Molestations"...) What a great-sounding product. I once heard another mama describe how she spent her entire labour...
Quote: Originally Posted by Neptune2 Does it need a specail prewash?? Or do I just wash it once and then it is ready to go? Thanks! Wow, sorry Neptune! Don't know how I missed this! : Jangos need no prewashing except if you are doing so to make them more sterile for first use, particularly for newborns (since we've handled them during our cutting, sewing, snapping, inspecting and packing stages). They won't shrink and are totally...
Quote: Originally Posted by liss_420 oh, and i just saw the pink power suit link, and checked it out...do i have to transfer my domain name from godaddy to them if i use them? they seem like a good "all in one" stop to get my business website started. Yup, that pretty much describes them. Natasha, the owner, offers free mentoring advice to WAHMs, including how to buy a domain name and then set up your nameservers, how to pick a good...
Vanessa! ROFLOL!!! :
PinkPowerSuit.com offers an online website-building feature geared toward WAHMs. The site is run by a like-minded Canadian WAHM (I've talked to her a few times, and she's super cool---one smart and funny woman!) I've used the web-building software and was impressed. It's a good deal. HTH!
Hey Jenn-- I'm reading this with great interest. You have the Lemon-Lime dipe, right? Another customer wrote to me in late January that all of her Jangos worked beautifully but that the inner micro on her Lemon-Lime was acting strangely (needing more compression than usual to wick through to the inserts properly once washed, and causing leakage to clothing). I know that she's on MDC, and could maybe chime in here. Anyway, I did re-testing on this colour and asked three...
Because fleece is more breathable than polyurethane laminated diapers (or plastic covers or disposables), all-fleece dipes are surprisingly fine for summer use. They have the ability to evaporate moisture to the outside when the absorbent section is saturated or when baby perspires. But when you combine a laminate, which locks in moisture and has limited breathability, with a fleece inner, you're effectively turning the fleece into an insulating layer---and baby's skin...
Just dropping by in passing to say that I can see validation in several of the (supposedly opposing) points of view represented here. My brother and I were babysat as preschoolers by several 12- and 13-year-olds. NONE of them, looking back, should ever have been left in charge of young children. They were simply too immature for that kind of responsibility, and we were NOT appropriately cared for by any of them. The only MALE babysitter of that lot (13 years old)...