or Connect

Posts by underthebluerug

Quote: Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama I have not yet received one warning about serial killers (sent by Gap/Exxon) playing audio tapes of Spongebob Squarepants to lure women out of their houses in order to give them cancer via Fanta samples. Quote: Originally Posted by eightyferrettoes Today I opened my email to see EIGHT forwards from my grandmother, who should never have been allowed to get broadband internet. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by uccomama The link I supplied you with works for me. I'm on Firefox, and it still says "Can't locate the server." Thanks for pasting some of the content. I do like to get all sides. I wish I could read a proper rebuttal of what he says, though. Quote: Originally Posted by uccomama I suggest you read this post if you want to understand the depth of knowledge that many mamas at MCD have on ASD...
Quote: Originally Posted by uccomama "Dr" Stephen Barrett and his Quackwatch website in not a reputable source of information. Please see here: http://quackpotwatch.org/ I'm unable to get this link to work. Could you check and see if it's the right address? What about Dr. James Laidlaw, who is responsible for the Autism Watch site? How's his reputation? Could you maybe address what these gentlemen are saying? Just a thought.
Autism spectrum disorders run in our family. I have a twin brother with Aspergers. I am neurotypical. We live in Canada. I did not have any flu or other vaccines in my first pregnancy. I do have amalgam dental fillings. I went into pregnancy in great physical shape, eschewed canned fish, ate mainly organic foods, and purposely have not vaccinated my dd. Nevertheless, she seemed "different" from the very beginning, and has turned out to have PDD-NOS (SPLD type). My son,...
I have a child on the spectrum, and I am pretty disgusted. That's all we need---for schoolyard kids to learn that they can mock others by calling them "autistic" the way kids in my younger days called misfits "retards" or less coordinated kids in gym class "spastic". Yeah lady, let's just keep on increasing the stigma of having a disability, just keep on making sure that we set people with disabilities apart by making them the butt of our jokes... Well done.
Good for you! I think the first thing you should be doing is finding a professional pattern maker to create it on paper. Then you will have proof that the idea (or your version of the idea) is indeed your own, and can market the idea freely, without worrying that someone will express interest and then turn around and produce it themselves. You'll also have a straightforward way of getting your vision across to whomever will buy the pattern or do the sewing. And you'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2kyla ... but i also know that i often dip into my own personal money and take money away from the family funds to buy supplies. Its a hard balance to find and I gather that many have a problem with this (myself included). I think its something wahms have to think about and really calculate if its worth it or not.... or start upping the price so it is worth it. I totally agree with you. I know that I'm...
Um... also, many WAHMs make and sell diapers as a part-time income, rather than as a full-on, full-time business. And they do so because their families need the money and it helps fill in the gaps during leaner months. (I could only fit in so much sewing with two small, high-needs children last year, and I couldn't afford a huge materials investment, but my fabric stash was money in the bank when property tax time rolled around and I could manage an hour or two a night at...
Quote: Originally Posted by christinasmith I'm just trying to understand what the above means. Could you give an example? Would the fold-over pocket (not leading edge) be categorised as intellectual property that Thereson has rights to?? Just curious. I've been trying to figure this out as well. Linda, you said: Quote: There are a ton of ways around the patent. It's pretty easy to make a pocket that does not fall under the...
SHE SPANKED YOUR 20-MONTH-OLD?! I am FURIOUS for you. Give me five minutes with your mom to tell her a few things. I'm not scared of her. I know that when it comes down to RL circumstances, forfeiting an offending grandparent's visits with one's kids is not that easy. But that woman owes you AND your dd a BIG apology, and I don't know if I'd be letting her anywhere near my kids again until I got it. Good luck. When it really counted for your dd, you were...