or Connect

Posts by underthebluerug

Help me, anyone with an industrial serger or sewing machine! I have badly needed a workhorse serger for some time, and am poised to buy a used industrial one from a family business that's shutting down. They have a workroom full of Siruba brand machines, which I know is an excellent make. On demo'ing the machine I wanted though, I nearly hit the ceiling at the noise it made (something akin to a jackhammer). The proprieters sort of chuckled at my reaction, and told me...
The biggest difference where my 1-yr-old DS and I are concerned is that, with our Trekker, he must hang from his crotch---and since he's about 30 lb, I didn't think that could or should be sustained. With the Ergo, baby's legs wrap around you as if you are piggy-backing him, so his weight is supported by his bum. Unfortunately, I found the back of the Ergo that I tested did not extend high enough to properly and safely hold my DS in. So I have sewn a thick and wide (but...
We use almost exclusively WindPro fleece AIOs and pockets. Love 'em! So cuddly!
Quote: Originally Posted by inchwormz I got a can in the mail about a month after dd was born and it brought me to tears. My first two weeks bfing were so trying and difficult . . . I remember thinking, all those poor mamas that don't have the resources that I did (or such and supportive dh's!) would probably hang onto it or start using the formula for some relief I have to point out that this is a good example of the ways in which formula...
I was under the impression that it was a locally-made (Canadian/Toronto) show, so it's a surprise to see such a big viewing area, Highly annoying show. Like nails on a blackboard. But dd doesn't mind it. Hey, but has anyone seen the show "Nana-lan'"? WONDERFUL!!
...Couldn't help chuckling at the juxtaposition of your post with your signature line, though.
*NAK* The organizer/owner of the Baby Boom Show has responded to my letter, and I thought you'd be interested in seeing it. It's an interesting way of ignoring the issues. Anyone feel like rebutting it? Go for it. I'm knee-deep in alligators right now. info@babyboomshow.com Note the affiliation between Similac and Dora. This was my (hastily-written) letter: Quote: I've just been told at a La Leche League meeting I attended that the Baby Boom Show 2005...
Jayde: YOU are AMAZING! Your family situation sounds incredibly challenging. You sound very strong and very smart. I just want to second that you can telephone LLL. They are all volunteers, so they are in it because they are *genuinely* committed to helping mamas like you, and will go out of their way to do so. A lot can be accomplished over the phone. Wish I were closer; I'd drive 100 miles to pick you up knowing how determined you are. As for cereal in a...
They pulled out of the show! In Eastern Ontario, the Baby Boom Show is a HUGE event with an awesome array of vendors of baby- and mama-related stuff. I'm sure it's also the biggest business opportunity of the season for those WAHMs who participate with a booth or workshop, etc. I was talking to the owner of Milkface Nursingwear today (bought myself the black sleeveless Sleepy Dress ---but that's another forum ). She's one of the mainstays of the vendors at the...
Here you go: http://neonatal.ama.ttuhsc.edu/discu...tml?1085712165 Hale's latest book edition is Medications and Mothers’ Milk 2004. I don't have a copy on hand as I borrowed the one I consulted from my LLL Leader. But there's a page on Wellbutrin and mother's milk that goes into quite a bit of detail.