or Connect

Posts by Mama Monez

So sorry your going through this! I suffered from migraines, like you, from when I was very young, and my pediatric neurologist had me on Inderal (non-generic of propanol) as well as Topomax, an anti-seizure med, because of the fact that I later developed complicated migraines, which have additional stroke like symptoms...   Luckily, and I mean very luckily, when I stopped all meds with first pregnancy, my migraines subsided.  I continue to suffer from rather intense...
Look up PUPPPS, sounds like exactly what I had, it did not turn out the be the really serious condition, and everything turned out ok (figured I would start with that to offer some anecdotal relief)   But it is HORRIBLE, and I scratched myself to the point of broken blood vessels and could not sleep. I tried EVERYTHING! Had husband out buying calamine lotion, tried over the counter cortisone creams...My midwife eventually sent me to the dermatologist who prescribed...
You mentioned you were worried that your son will feel less attractive because he lighter skinned than your BFs kids...I agree with PP, and if you live anywhere within the continental US, he will be bombarded from all outlets of media that reinforce that lighter skin is more attractive than dark...Although the multi-racial look is considered more "exotic," dependent upon where you live or frequent, the same child who is constantly complimented for being beautiful may...
I posted on here maybe 6 weeks ago about Fuzzi Bunz OS, 7 years ago I used the sized with my dd, started at about 3 months and was able to use medium all the way through potty training at 2- and she was fairly large at birth, 9lbs.   I was planning on buying FB sized again, but got a couple of OS to "evaluate," and also some Charlie Banana OS.  They are almost exactly the same, with a few minor differences, like buttons on the elastic as opposed to sliding elastic...
Thanks for the post- I will be headed back next week to measure again- MW was saying it could lead to induction if it increases or makes me extremely uncomfortable- but oddly I feel physically better now than I have all pregnancy! Nice to hear all turned out well:)
Was sent by midwife for a sono at 32 weeks, and they found that i have a bit too much amniotic fluid...5-25cm is normal and I'm at 25 1/2...I was wondering if anyone has also gone through this and what the outcome was?   No other issues with baby were observed, i.e. baby not processing/swallowing properly, so I'm trying not to freak out, but have a tendency to read all the worst case scenarios like cord prolapse and what not...I just want to enjoy the rest of this...
The fleece on the CB is definitely as smooth as the FB, if not more so- I was never a sprayer, just a shake and wash  But i was planning on getting the sprayer this time...I'm looking forward to using them!
  so this is the OS in FB on left and CB on right- as you can see the FB are smaller overall, in this picture they are both set to smallest leg opening     Sorry about the rotation, so the FB still seems smaller, and has one less button on the bottom row     Open, you can see that the FB s still a shorter diaper, with both set to XS on legs (In FB its by numbers, so 7 is smallest) Also, you can see the flap on the CB that covers the insert.  The...
I used the Copper T, Paragard, for 5 years after the birth of my first.  Insertion was about 7 months after her birth, and my MW said to come when I was on what seemed to be the very end of one of my cycles...It was not painful, and I never felt a thing.   As far as my period, I did not cramp or bleed heavily after insertion, and it made my periods shorter even though it was non-hormonal.  I have always had very heavy periods, and it was nice to have the duration...
I got some of each the other day and have to say I am really liking the CB better...they have a flap that covers the insert, and the adjustment on the leg elastic is easier to find and adjust...For some reason you have to nearly turn the entire FB inside out to get to the elastic to move buttons...with CB, its a slide along the elastic which just moves easier.   Also, there is an overlap button that lets you make the waist even smaller than FB- they are as soft and...