or Connect

Posts by crybaby

thanks... I just got home today, it was a tough weekend, but thankfully the contractions have slowed, and i am still pregnant. I have to move, so I am starting to think about packing, but i can't bend over without giving myself a contraction... I have still been having cervical changes, but much slower than previously. I am going to see my midwife again on thursday, even though i just saw her last week... i feel so much better now that i have been slowing down... i just...
spying on ya'll from july, but i just wanted to say that i am 29 weeks, and my midwife still can't hear the heartbeat with the fetoscope, and she has to search all around with the doppler to hear it. i didn't have a checkup until i was 16 weeks, and it took nearly 5 minutes to hear the heartbeat... don't worry.
the same to you... i hope that your baby stays put too... how is the medicine working? i had a friend who went into pre-term labor, and the stuff they put her on made her feel like she had the flu. are they giving you steroid shots, or is that only when actual birth is imminent? i see that you are due a little over a week before me, so you must be 31 weeks, so you have been on the meds for 5 weeks? are there any side effects? how long can you take it? sorry to ask so many...
talked to my midwife a little over an hour ago, and she told me to take more of the welcome womb and let her know if they intensify... i will be calling her in 45 minutes regardless, but if they continue for a few more hours, she said that i would have to go to the hospital. I am pretty sure that I am beginning to efface, but i know that i am not dilating because with my daughter, i was completely closed until i was well into active labor, and i think that will be the case...
yuck, doesn't that say it all? my contractions have been crampy for the past hour and a half, I am taking that welcome womb still, but so far they are still happening. i gave my 2 year old a gigantic sucker... i know, i know... at least she is letting me rest for a while. my ex husband brought left-overs from their dinner last night, so that is heating right now, much thanks to him. of course, my house is getting absurdly sticky, but that can be cleaned later... i knew...
thanks ya'll... i'm feeling a lot better, though the contractions haven't slowed at all. i'm hoping that a few days of taking it easy will slow them, though. as always, rescue remedy is a life saver, i've been taking it for years, and it hasn't let me down yet. i'm going to my moms house on the north shore this weekend, (north of lake pontchartrain, I always forget how far away from each other we all are) and we are just going to have a few days to hang out and enjoy this...
i took a few drops of rescue remedy, and she gave me some wish garden welcome womb... I have never heard of it before, but i am going to use a few drops along with some emergen-c and she said that if my contractions start feeling productive i should put some under the tongue and call her immediately. i told her that i am having sharp stabbing pains at the bottom of my cervix (pains that i didn't get until 36 weeks last time.) She said that I was probably starting to...
midwife should be here in about 22 minutes, and I am shaking so badly. I am stressed out of my eyeballs, and I am so worried that my bp is going to be through the roof. ahhhh!!!!! can't things just get easier rather than just piling up??? I just need to scream, but i have no outlet for it. I have been counting, and I have had 47 contractions since I woke up at 4 this morning. I know that they are bh, but still, i know that isn't good. and here is another... the stress is...
wow... st. johns is where my daughter would have been born had I not decided on a homebirth... I didn't know she was going to be a girl, but I knew that any son of mine would have been circed over my and my ex's dead bodies... "we whack 'em all" huh? So glad I didn't have to deal with that kind of pressure first thing after giving birth... btw... my friend had a boy there a few years ago, and the nurse came in, took him from her, and turned to leave without saying one...
I never used a true fit, although my SIL was insistent upon it, but I love, love, love my triumph... I had a graco bucket seat for my girl until she was 6 mos. but she screamed every time I put her in it. ( I never took it out of the base, and we walk and ride bikes a lot, so I thought she just wasn't really used to it) Riding in the car is an entirely different experience for her now, she loves her seat. It has a ton of room, tighten easily and snugly, easily converts...