or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

I had the same MW (but different assistants) for both my HBs.  The births were each so completely different, but I'll relate as much as I can recall.   HB#1 (08/08 @ 9:50am):  After almost 28 hours of labor and very little sleep the previous 48, immediately after the birth is a bit hazy.  She was born in the living room, but we somehow ended up in the side bedroom, where we nursed and did the newborn exam.  I also birthed the placenta in there, but the order of...
I really don't know how to answer this poll since there was no "other" option.   But I must say that y'all are a lot cleaner than I'da thunk.  Or maybe I'm just that dirty?    I really only shower when I have to leave the house for something other than running errands.  So, for example, this week, I work 5 days and have things planned for my two days off so I will be showering every day (fine hair=oil slick).  But next week I work only 2 days and have nothing planned...
It's perfectly normal.  Heck, with my first it lasted until she was almost a year old!  I can't use cloth breast pads because it leaks thru like nothing's even there. (I don't know why I never thought to use diapers at home - disposable pads are sooo expensive!)     You can also try pumping the other side while you nurse.  That way it won't go to "waste".  But only do this if you need to build a stash or keep your supply up! 
Well, it's actually a parenting tool/aide (a better fit here than RR, I think) - Aimee's Babies baby massage dvds.  Get them before RR snatches them all up!    And I know they work their butts off to create the opportunities they have.  For example, Aimee wrote to Oprah about her husband and all he does/has done for the disabled/special needs community in our area.  And they got an invite to be in the audience for a show about people who give back.  But it was really just...
Genetically predisposed?  I like that!  And it's as good a reason as any other, I suppose.   
I thought so!  I love that little bugger   
"You giant band-aid!"     How can you even get mad at that?
Anyone else know someone like this?  You know, someone who Fortune is always smiling upon and granting them wondrous things?  And you're left scratching your head as to why it couldn't have been you?      DH's boss and his wife are like this.  Recent examples include being in the audience during one of Oprah's Favorite Things shows (they got jewelry, a car, a cruise, etc) and having her product (which I will shamelessly plug if anyone is interested ) featured on a...
My MIL's dear friend is like this (the bolded).  She was married (husband passed a few decades ago) and never had kids, yet is forever giving MIL and us stuff for DDs.  She's the type who scours yard sales and thrift stores for stuff to give away (to those in need or just those who need it).  So it really may have been that she "happened" to have a pair to give him.  Especially if this shoe scenario is a common one. But yeah, I agree with PPs that I probably would have...
Ooooh, the absolute BEST vegan cheesecake recipe!  It's the one I use and none of my omni friends/family can tell the difference (except if they know I made it).  Just be sure to use the non-hydrogenated "cream cheese".