or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

Y'all are no help! If complete strangers on a message board can't figure out my life, how am I suppose to?    Seriously, I appreciate all the input from you wise mommas.  There are lots of specific posts & points that I'd like to address, but my keyboard is acting up something awful and I don't have the patience for a long reply.  But I am listening and taking it all in.     I think I realized something today while playing with dd1.  She is extremely verbal and...
Chamomile Girl - I checked that out and added it to the list.  It also reminded me that I read "Reviving Ophelia" long before I had children.  So maybe that is where some of my concern stems from?  I don't really remember to much of it, tho, so I can't be certain.  I guess I need to add that to my list as well.     *sigh*  Wasn't the stork supposed to leave the instruction manual?
Hmm, makes sense.  So it's just me projecting my baggage   Should we take this over to Personal Growth?   Seriously, this is why I asked in the first place.  In part, to get a different perspective and in part, to work through my own thoughts and emotions.  It really helps clarify why I am reacting the way I am.  
AP - what happened to you is exactly what I am trying to avoid!  I'm just trying to keep the conversation light-hearted because I fully realize that on the surface it's a pretty silly "problem" to have.  But underneath that is a serious concern.  
I love this.  The whole thing.  This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.  (I thought of that scene in "Our Town" also but couldn't remember the name of the play, so thank you!) But I'm just struggling with the how. 
I definitely know that there worse things than having a lovely child.  I'm just looking for advise on how to best parent the kid.  I'm not like "omg, poor thing is too pretty!" I just don't want her to turn into a conceited, superficial monster.      Yeah, this is what I usually do when strangers make the comments.  If it's someone I know (and who I know will be receptive), I just let them know that we are trying to focus more on the inner beauty.  And dh & I met at kung...
Of course, every child is beautiful.    However, dd1 is conventionally beautiful (delicate features, huge eyes, etc) and the older she gets, the more people comment on her looks (in front of and directly to her).  I'm not too thrilled with it, but I'm not going to yell at someone for complimenting my child, kwim?  And recently she has started asking me questions like "how do I look?" and "do I look beautiful?"  I usually respond with a silly/joking answer then...
nope.  pregnant or not, i'd be pretty ticked that they were badmouthing me in front of my child (and at 2, kids definitely understand what the adults around them are saying)!  the toothbrushing thing might not bother me on it's own (or it might, not sure really) but in conjunction with everything else, i would definitely not be letting them watch my dc again.  not cool, at all.  tho, your dh is absolutely right! go give him big hugs!  and keep being excited for the new...
I chose the first option.  Because my first was a high needs baby.  She didn't fit just 1 or 2 of the criteria.  She fit all 12 (the only exception was that she slept really well at night - just not during the day).  And when I would talk to people about her, it wasn't so others would feel sorry for me; it was to see if anyone had else who was going/had gone thru something similar had any advice.  Unfortunately, the only other person I found was also a new mother looking...
the bolded made me laugh!  only cuz i'm pretty sure this would happen if i had the gall to bathe in the middle of the night!    for me, things have changed drastically (for the better!) since dd2 was born.  it took me telling him that i would rather be a single mother to 1 than be married with 2 (meaning dh & dd1).  shortly after that discussion, i became pregnant with dd2 and flat out told him that if he didn't step up, i would leave.  well, dd2 is almost 3 months old...