or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

A few things for informational purposes:   1) baby's only organics only makes a toddler formula. iirc, it's because they follow the who guidelines recommending breast milk for the first 2 years. not sure how the nutritional values differ from an infant formula but CheriK makes sense.    2) pumping at work is hard. especially if you do not have an office/cubicle of your own.  but your employer is federally mandated to allow you to take breaks as needed (paid or...
I love the EcoSmart Ant/Roach Killer! Effective and it smells great!  I haven't had a need for any of their other products but if I had another type of pest, I would try them first!
Everything my mother said was strange since she spoke mostly in (computer) code.   Hence, why I refused to learn anything but the most basic computer stuff.  Seriously tho, I don't really think of anything she said as "weird" because it's what I grew up with, kwim?   MIL, otoh, was born & bred in PA Dutch country, so oh. my. does she have some doozies.  "Red up the house", "It's just a few clicks away" (sounds so old-timey, it especially cracks me up when otherwise...
I voted the 1st option, but I'm somewhere in between 1 & 2.    I use "natural" beauty products for the most part (shampoo, deodorant, etc) and I love makeup (which I pretty much only wear for work (pt) and on special occasions) but can't really afford to go all out and buy everything I want.  So I have a few splurges and go conventional where I think it matters least.  As for smelly-type things, I much prefer my own natural scent, so lotions etc tend to be very...
Hylands Calm Forte.  It is the only thing that helps dd1 when she gets like that.  That should soothe your lo in the moment (just think how stressed he must be!) and give you a chance to breathe.   Do you enlist his help around the house?  For example dd1 dusts, holds the dustpan when I sweep, & hands me laundry to fold.  It keeps her occupied and entertained while allowing me to get at least a few things done around the house.  Maybe even set up a play station in the...
I'll play!   You look about 24, so I'll say 32.   (Only because I'm 32 but look 24. )   How'd I do?
We had a "backyard barbeque" type wedding at my aunt's house.  It was supposed to be a real laid-back, casual, and fun affair.  Ummm, not so much.  Some of the "highlights": - My grandmother (more like a mother than my actual mother) fell and broke 2 ribs the before and wasn't able to come.  - We (dh & I) prepared all the food the day before.  The day of, no one thought to light the sternos until right as people were lining up to eat!  So all the food was cold, but...
A philosopher.  Her favorite question is "where does x come from?"  Yay me.
  You may not be "perfect" but you are the perfect mother for your children.  Being a parent is so extremely difficult under the best of circumstances, let alone coming from a history of abuse.  You amazing.
You might consider increasing your omega intake.  Dh (and dd1, tho not as bad) has skin issues that are noticeably worse when he doesn't take his supplement for whatever reason.  We love the Udo's Choice, but it can be tough to drink straight oil.  It's just a pain to find a veg/an capsule option.   He also uses Derma-E Vitamin E Cream during the winter months when his dry skin is at it worse.  It absorbs easily and isn't too heavy (I have combo skin and use it from...