or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

pm me if you want contact info for a homebirth mw (cnm).  i've used her for both of my births (the 2nd was just over a month ago) and i can't rave enough!
joining the party! EDD: jan 20, 2011 (my 32nd birthday!) Your Name: lynn State or Country: lancaster-ish, pa How long it took to you to get your BFP: we weren't actively trying - I only took the test because my cycle was off and i wanted to rule out a pregnancy before i went to the doctor What number child is this for you: 2 Family:kenny (husband of 3 years) & liv (daughter of 23 months) Baby's Gender: no clue, not going to find out either, tho dh...
My aunt just called and said "He's ok. Everyone is ok." She'll call me later to fill in details, but I am so grateful that he and the rest of his family are safe. My heart goes out to all of you waiting to hear from loved ones; I am praying that you hear good news soon. And thank you all so much for all your thoughts and prayers. It made the waiting bearable. Thank you.
My aunt's stepson is visiting friends and family in Santiago, Chile. The only thing we know for certain is that he was supposed to leave this past Monday to visit relatives about 20 hours north of Santiago. No one has heard from him since last weekend, though, so we can't even be sure that he was out of the city when the quake hit. And since communication lines are down, my uncle (his father) cannot reach any of his family to find out if they are ok. It's...
Ugh, this is the worst! I had a bill that was due around when dd was born that I completely forgot about until a few months ago when my sister called to let me know that her MIL had received a call from someone looking for me! When I called the number and realized who/what it was, I paid it off (it was only about $40, ircc) and tore into them for calling anyone other than me (all my info was up to date and they had never once tried to contact me regarding the past due...
My almost 18mo dd is about 17.5lbs and 30.5". I constantly hear "what a peanut" or "she's so petite". Here's the thing. Regarding her height, both parents are on the lower end of average (I'm 5'4" and dad swears he's 5'6" ). And as a mama once told me about her rather robust newborn, "two great danes aren't going to make a chihuahua." Well, the inverse holds true also - my husband and I are not going to make large babies. Liv was only 6lb14oz at birth (almost 2 weeks...
That is exactly why i don't wear heels. I must say how impressed I am that you managed to "dial" the remote. All I can picture is my dd walking round with the remote up to her ear saying "hello? hello?"
The feeling itself was bad enough (not really painful, but not comfortable either - I the hooked mouth analogy!) but it was made infinitely worse by the midwife. She was "massaging" me to prevent a tear by running two fingers (dipped in warm oil) around the baby's head, thus stretching me even more. Ugh, I didn't tear and the pain went away immediately, but d@mn if it didn't hurt like heck !
Oh the slipper thing! Back when I was pregnant, I would take the train then walk almost a mile to get to work. One day, it was early afternoon when a customer commented on how comfy my shoes looked. Well of course they were - I was still wearing my slippers! I had gone almost the whole day without realizing that I never changed into real shoes before leaving the house that morning. And I am almost positive that if the customer hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have...
Liv and I will be there, tho I don't think there will be much wearing of this particular babe