or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

Hi all! I would love to be a part of this! I'd never heard of a birth circle before, but now that I have I am LOVING the idea! As I was preparing for the homebirth of my first child (she was born in August), I devoured other women's birth stories. Most of them involved hospital births with interventions; I had very few natural birth stories to draw from. This would have been so empowering! Just hearing that this might start up makes me want to run out and get...
You might want to try Kimberton Whole Foods in Ottsville (just outside of Doylestown). They sell Kimberton Hills raw cow milk (which is biodynamic) as well as organic raw goat milk (I don't remember where it comes from, but I'm pretty sure it is a Chester County farm). Plus they sell raw milk cheeses, yogurts, etc. It's a cute little store worth the trip.
My lovey is 6.5mo and I plan on EBF until at least 9mo. She is definitely at the point where I could start introducing solids (sitting up, etc, etc) but she doesn't need them for nutrition and the added benefit of waiting for her digestive tract to mature a little more is worth it. Having said that, however, she does show MUCH interest in food mommy and daddy eat and often grabs items off plates or out of hands. Most of the time, it's something that a toothless 6mo...
1.) How many weeks were you when baby was born? 41w 3d 2.) How many previous births and were they "overdue" as well? First/only child 3.)Did your care provider - if you had one - push any techniques to "move things along?" If so, what and when was this brought up? How did you react? What was your thought process in deciding how to proceed? Anything past 42 weeks our mw would not perform birth at home. So as week 41 dragged on, we were getting...
Hi all! It's nice to be able to connect with other mommies and babies around the same age. My Lovey was 6 mo on the 2nd (almost 7 mo now - criminy) and is an absolute wonder! She is so active even though she's not that great at crawling yet (she can go backwards and in circles, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of synchronizing her arm/leg movements to move forward). She will walk with support, though (and has been since 4 mo) and can mostly sit up without support...
Sorry - no solutions, just more commiserating. My 6mo pulls hair (esp loves to yank on my ponytail), grabs my glasses off my face, fish hooks my mouth and daddy's nose. But WORST of all, she PINCHES the underside of my arm by the elbow when she nurses. More than once, I've yelped in pain and startled the little stinker as she's drifting off. rawr. I just remind myself that she can't control how hard she grabs and that these are exciting tactile sensations for...
Adding my wish-I-had's too the list. 1. I went into labor early on a Friday morning. As soon as the sun rose, my husband (in his nervous excitement) started calling family members to tell them that I was in labor. But labor had stopped by early afternoon and all evening long people were calling to find out what was going on. So next time, no phone calls until after baby is born. 2. I am WAY too independent for my own good - I wish I had arranged to have people do...
Thank you everyone for the avice and support! She did not speak with the advocate only because a new nurse in NICU was a former lactation consultant and worked with my sister and her husband. With the nurse going to bat for them, my sister was able visit baby girl to hold and breast feed her every three hours or on demand. And baby was moved into momma's room today! Everyone is coming home tomorrow and we can't wait to get the family all settled into the new...
Northern Virginia, right outside of DC. Daddy is in the picture (he's been with baby girl since she was delivered at 7:56am) and he is just as upset by the whole situation as momma is. But he is a little more practical and does not want momma to leave the hospital less than 24 hrs after a major surgery. They just don't know what to do.
My sister had a c-section this morning (she had placenta previa, so there was no other option) and because of this the baby had fluid in her lungs. The doctor said that she would be put in NICU for 24 hours for observation. They ran the tests tonight and baby is perfect, BUT they are now saying that baby cannot be released from the NICU until mother is released from the hospital (Friday barring any complications). In the meantime, my sister has barely seen her new baby,...