or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

Hmm... Everything about me seems perfectly "right", at least to me. Well, I do have vitiligo, which isn't as noticeable during the winter because I'm so pasty, but during the summer I am covered in giant white blotches. And I have a benign cyst on my head that freaks everyone out (well, only those who touch it - you can't see it under my hair). Oh, and I pretty much always sing under my breath without realizing it. And I somewhere along the line developed a compulsion...
Man, I'm so jealous of all your lo's who have hair long enough to even think about cutting (or tying back or putting a clip/bow in). *sigh* My dd (17mo) is only starting to have anything thicker than peach fuzz, except for one lonely curl in the back that is almost to her shoulders now. OP, you do know that all haircut question posts require a pic, right? Its in the forum guidelines, in case you were wondering.
Well. That changes things. Absolutely get him a new one. It doesn't have to be an expensive doll. And it can be passed on to dd when he outgrows or loses interest in it. My only concern now is that if he really does only want it because he is jealous of the attention that your dd receives when she plays with her doll, there is a deeper issue than a doll. How are you dealing with his craving attention in general? Again, not to be snarky, but this is something that...
Help with getting pregnant while breastfeeding (fertility) Dealing with BF inexperience (PaP)
There are a few points that confuse me. Did your dh say your ds didn't need the doll because he is a boy or because he has enough toys? Or was it because your dh thinks ds only wants one because dd got one and will lose interest quickly? Because I can understand the last two scenarios (not saying I agree or disagree, just saying that both are valid and reasonable). And did your dh say flat out "no, don't get him a doll" or did he leave it somewhat open for discussion?...
Well, I don't have any wise words to share. But if my thinking is correct, I used to live a little bit south of the town where Twitty lives. And the racism is rampant. To the extent that there is even an active branch of a certain group that holds "secret" meetings. It's bad. I also grew up outside of Philly in a neighborhood where my (white) family was the minority - as in, the only ones on our street lol. And I understand how difficult it is to work with people...
I work at a children's shoe store (not Stride Rite) and have had extensive training both from my company and the different shoe manufacturers. Here's the deal. When buying new shoes, there should be about a thumb's width between the big toe and the end of shoe (this equals about a half size). You can go bigger (no more than a full size) as long as the child is walking ok in the shoe - foot not sliding out (which can cause blisters since the skin is so delicate), no...
Uggs are mine Would you believe people are still walking in expecting to find the size/style/color their child absolutely must have for Christmas and think I am lying when I tell them that we have been sold out since before Thanksgiving? Only a few more days. Well, before the returns begin, at least. Hope your night gets better, minkajane!
We laugh about this now, but at the time my dh was very hurt. The first christmas we were together, my gma (who is like my mother) gave him a great big insulated camouflage mug. That she pulled from the shelf of the gas station she owned. On her way home from work. Before Christmas dinner. Ummm, thanks?!?!?
I used to work at a small natural foods store and at the holiday party we did a secret santa type thing (the one where you can either take a wrapped gift or something that someone else has - idk what its called) but we weren't allowed to spend any money. Everyone had to bring something from home that would otherwise collect dust or be thrown out. There were some interesting things in that pile, let me tell you!