or Connect

Posts by Lynn08

I mix cranberries with quinoa and sliced almonds. To make it a heartier main dish (as opposed to a side), I sautee cubed yams and apples together and add it in. I have even used this mix (plus a few other things that I don't remember right now - I was roughly following a recipe) to make stuffed acorn squash.
It does make sense and that is what I try to do with him. It's a balancing act, tho - I try to "teach" him the "right way" (aka my way ) of handling her without seeming over-critical or judgmental. He doesn't hit in anger; he just honestly thinks that it is the best way to teach her not to do something. So I have to be careful not to make him out to be the "bad guy" or undermine him when he does smack her. Afterwards is when I address what happened and suggest a more...
A guy once told me that I reminded him of a Bond Girl - not anyone specific, just that I could be one. That counts, right? Other than that, I've been told several different people, none who(whom?) I actually look like or who look like each other. Lisa Stansfield ('member her?), Shannyn Sossamon, Naomi Watts, Ingrid Michaelson, etc, etc. The only person that I actually agree with is (a young) Belinda Carlisle. My face is a bit rounder, her chin is more...
Dh smacks dd's hand when she touches something she's "not supposed to touch" (no flames please - he sees it as a perfectly acceptable form of discipline and I am working on changing his mind). Well, this morning, she kept reaching for something he didn't want her to have and after a few "no - don't touch that"s, he raised his hand as she reached for whatever it was. Instead of touching it, she looked at him for a moment then smacked his hand! When he told her "we...
So sorry, mama. I just experienced a loss as well, and am planning on ttc immediately. Hopefully I'll see you in another ddc!
Hi everyone! A brief update, then I'll let you get on with your pregnancies. I'm doing well. Friday was really tough emotionally (I didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did), but all of the love and support (here and irl) was amazingly healing. So again, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Physically, I'm ok. It never got worse than a bad period, so I am grateful for that. I am still crampy and bleeding a bit, but I stopped passing clots yesterday...
Thank you so much, ladies.
I woke up with sharp pains, cramping and spotting. I passed a few clots first thing, but nothing since. I'm doing ok, just disappointed (I was actually excited this time around), tho dh is taking it pretty hard. I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear about all the beautiful new babies come summer! Take care everyone, Lynn
DH was running late for work this morning. Because he was sitting on the couch watching Dick Tracy (ya know - the awful movie with Warren Beatty and Madonna?) Not because he was helping me with dd while nausea was kicking my butt. Not because he was feeding her because the smell of the oatmeal made me gag. Not because he was distracting her from wanting to nurse. And yet what excuse do you think he texted his boss when he finally started to get ready and realized...
So sorry.