or Connect

Posts by VillageMom6

I am a big believer in sleep solutions that make baby and parents happy. I'm also a big believer in "don't wake a sleeping baby". If your little one is sleeping well in a crib, hip, hip, hooray!
Quote: Originally Posted by homestyle Is your husband from Michigan? I've never been to Tecumseh, but maybe it is a nice place. Hee! I live near Tecumseh, Michigan and it is a very nice place. We all pronounce it Tecumsee, though. My general philosophy is that mamas should love their babies' names.
I've been looking into these questions, too. My newborn has Bilateral Grade 5 Vesicoureteral Reflux but so far he has good kidney function. In our case the pediatric urologist assures me that the likelihood of needing a kidney transplant is extremely small. But I like to be as informed about all potentials as possible. The only question I can answer is that yes, an adult can be a donor for an infant. That's such a relief! I don't know how the matching process goes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride ...having had a term stillborn son, they're...very upsetting. When I saw that particular display, it was like being punched in the gut. Oh my gosh, Storm Bride, I am so sorry that they make such a disgusting object and that you saw it. That's dreadful. Many ((hugs)). There is nothing "totally awesome" about dead or un-dead babies. It takes a callous... I would even say psychopathic... person to think...
Many congratulations!! I'd love to know which hospital this was. I haven't had much luck with the rural hospitals in Michigan near-ish to where I live when it comes to their birth philosophies. Enjoy your precious new baby!
Aww... ((hugs)). I'm sorry that you're feeling unhappy. I'm sure that many folks will give you support and advice about becoming comfortable nursing in public. In theory, I completely agree with them. But after a decade and a half of nursing five babies in public and being tense the whole time I've learned something... I'm just not comfortable nursing in public. This time I've decided to do what works for me. I don't get out much but when I do I bring a...
Our little guy was born on August 27th. I was due the 21st and had guessed the 14th. I was right about the number of days away from the due date... I just got it in the wrong direction!
Thank you, all. This is super stressful but at least every room is private and has its own bathroom with shower and a bed for mom or dad. Baby Mark is doing better. He only needs i.v. antibiotics three times a day so the rest of the time is just us sitting around, nursing and watching t.v. Nights are the hardest. My PPD doc says that I should get a several hour chunk of sleep each night, so my hubby has really stepped up to the plate and stays the nights with...
Mark's birth on August 27th was wonderful but five days later I noticed he felt hot to the touch. I took his temp under the arm and it was 100.9. I waited 10 minutes in a cooler room and took it again... 102.3. We took him to the ER where they did a complete work up including a spinal tap. It turns out that he has a urinary tract infection that has gone to his blood stream. The good news is that his spinal fluid was not yet infected and he is responding well to...
Not thrilled about an induction but my fluid level has dropped to 3 and I'm 41 weeks along. The midwives were great about leaving it up to me but we all feel that baby would do best being nudged out into the world at this point. We go in at 4:00pm and since there's really no water to break we're going to start with a low dose of Pitocin. Hopefully baby will be in arms by midnight! All prayers and positive thoughts would be much appreciated!