or Connect

Posts by dadtastic

my ex just 'informed' me that she is consulting a lawyer about our daughter being kept away from my wife permanantly. she apologized, and then said that I broke my end of the agreement by bringing a 'toxic' person into our daughters life. it just keeps getting worse...
Things have been difficult, very. I can't remember a worse christmas, but I am doing my best. My wife is staying with a friend of hers for now, and no matter what I say to her, she just doesn't understand. I truly believe that she doesn't think anything is wrong. She thinks that I am abandoning her. I just found out that my ex is pregnant, and that is great for my daughter because I never wanted her to be an only child, but my wife is completely distraught. I am so stuck....
our daughter brings her favorite things with her to my house, and then we send a few back, and keep a few, that way things change all the time... my ex shops at goodwill, and my aunt goes to garage sales, and my daughter has a constantly changing wardrobe, very inexpensive, and almost new... My ex's mom went to a thrift store last week, spent twenty dollars and bought twenty things... but we are all really poor and cheap, but it doesn't hurt anyone to re-use things even if...
I think that this was the worst weekend so far... my wife's niece came to stay with us, so that my girl could have a friend, and so that we could each have a 'team-player' (my wife's words). She barely said a word to my daughter except for fussing, and I asked her to please, give me a chance to correct the behavior before you do, I didn't say this, but the way that she corrects things are hostile... anyway, we went on the streetcar, and my wife's two year old neice...
Quote: Originally Posted by PoppyMama If I was the mom in this situation I would be feeling hostile and wondering if you were capable of looking out for dd's best interests when she was in your care. I really recommend you provide some separation so that this can be worked out without further damage to your dd. also, my ex is very calm and mellow... I don't know why, I am very fearful of telling her the whole situation... I know that she...
I knew that my wife had different ideas of parenting than I did, I just didn't realize how different it was until after we got married... I am stressed, and I don't know how my marriage is going to make it, when 6 months ago, I could not see myself away from her... I feel like my daughter only has one childhood, and it is going to shape her forever... I don't want to ruin any opportunity for her to be healthy and secure. I DO believe in gentile dicipline and attachment...
[ A stepmother is not the same role as a biological mother. She has to realize that. Both roles have "mothering" aspects to it, but a stepmother can be a caring and wonderful influence in a child's life without trying to take over mom's role. She needs to build her own unique relationship with your daughter rather than trying to shove mom out of the picture.] I have told her this, almost word for word, when we were dating, and she backed off, but now, when I bring it...
So, here is the problem... I've been married for five months, been together for two years, and have a four year old from a previous marriage. We had a little bit of trouble at the beginning, she cannot have children, and I knew that as soon as I met her. She wants to be as involved as possible in my daughters life... I love that!!! I am so glad that I have found a great FRIEND for my daughter... when we met, she wanted to get more and more involved in my daughters life,...