or Connect

Posts by lilith1

Have you looked into Keen's ? Some styles go a little higher up the ankle, very weather resistant. A little on the heavy side perhaps, not sure if your son will be o.k. with that.  I catch DS in the process since it's a little more involved to take off. In the grocery store when he sits in the basket, I sometimes will take them off until he starts walking again. Same goes in the car, I take them off and put them back on when we get to the destination. Little bit of a...
    Yes, I hear that a lot. Same goes for the eye contact. If he makes eye contact at all it is rather brief. I am glad to hear I am not over reacting. By no means am I trying to label DS, however, if there is one, I want to know. If I know, I (hopefully) know how to help. I also like to know how to handle the incredible melt downs. I hope professionals can give us some ideas. He has a younger brother 14 months apart, so keeping an exact routine is almost impossible....
Thank you both for the suggestions. That will help me tremendous to put my thoughts in order. I know probably it takes more than a visit to come to conclusions, but I like to be prepared somewhat. Again, Thanks.  I will check out the book, I am reading "The out of Synch Child" right now which I find helpful. I am downloading the book you suggested on the kindle right now and start reading tonight...      
I hope some of you experienced parents on this board can help me out. We have an appointment with a Psychiatrist regarding DS 3 YO. I had suspicions all along, while everyone else told me he is fine I finally pushed for him to be seen by a professional. Our Family practitioner agreed there are enough red flags to search further. She also warned us in terms of emotional turmoil that this could course. DS has always been distant, I had to be on the move when he was an...
DS1 turned 3 last month, while he was always spirited it seemed to have gotten out of hand in the past couple months. Temper Tandrums I know are normal and healthy in this age, but aggression toward parents? And how do you handle this? He has skipped naps more and more in the recent past, come 4 o'clock in the afteroon, it's witching hour. We want to leave the house for the park, he falls asleep as soon as we leave the garage. Shopping, errands - out of question. That...
What was your experience there? Going there with 2 toddlers.(18 months and 3 years). Did you take a stroller? Wagon? I will be by myself. Did you pack snacks?  Anything I skip?  Any advise is as always greatly appreciated. 
I need some advise from crafty mamas. I have used my Bumgenuis 3.0 for 3 years now for my two boys. I like to retrofit them into pull-ups. The velcro is pretty much ...well... not velcro anymore, and boys won't wear them because they fall off.    I have 16 of them and i think it would be worth refitting them as training pants they can pull up and down on their own. What would you recommend? Snaps? Smoked Fabric for the waistband to connect them?    I could use a...
I will look into the magnesium as well. Interesting thought. Was there a blood test done to confirm this or was it trial and error? Either way, this are great ideas.
Thanks everyone, I will check out the book on Amazon. Tanyalynn- the amount of poops, squishiness, aroma and presence of undigested food particles made me think of looking into this. Nap struggles as well. Some generalized mood issues which also could just be the fact he is 2.5. He never stops until he is exhausted, not loosing weight though. Hopefully day care and Grand parents are with us. Thanks everyone.
How did you get the idea to check into the possibility of a possible gluten sensitivity in a young child/toddler? Given there is no incident in immediate family. Elimination diet?  And how was your transition to a gluten free diet? Any thoughts are as always very appreciated.