or Connect

Posts by luv-my-boys

Ear infections can be horribly painful its just the nature of the beast.  If your hcp was ok with you holding off did they give you a rx for numbing drops?  I have found that if im doing the waiting game on an ear infection with the boys that the numbing drops and tylenol/motrin help with comfort and getting them to sleep/feel better.  The numbing drops DO NOTHING for the infection so its only for comfort but definately worth it imo.  Also I've found that allowing them...
I wouldnt be worried except you said the bleeding got heavier.  That itself is a "sign" that something might be amiss.  Imo I would schedule another appt with your hcp to make sure everything is ok.  All of my PP bleedings got less over time and with each child except the one time I decide I was "good to go" before I really was ok in that respect so DH and I backed off.  Also are you taking it easy in terms of lifting and carrying heavy things.  I know that you may feel...
I think it depends on the baby/kid.  Out of all of mine I only had 1 that needed to be burped (he also had reflux and was gassy) so go figure.  Never had a problem with them at all and nursing either they were just 'effecient" and didnt need to be burped.
standard of care is that xrays during pg are a big NO unless its deemed a life/limb type situation.  A basic dental cleaning should not fall under that even if you havent had a cleaning recently.  If the office pushes one I would just decline and move on.
I recently got a lovely book called Sewn with love by fiona bell.  It has some lovely patterns in newborn thru size 7 in both girls and boys clothing.  Everything from pants to fancy dresses.  The items are based on a more vintage "classic" silohuette which imo makes them timeless.  Liked the patterns (which are on a cd so you can download/print the exact size you want)
You might want to take a look over at www.fabric.com I've bought organic cotton jersey knit there pretty reasonably (compared to my local stores that is)  Their inventory changes a lot so even though something might not be there now you might want to try later plus they constantly have "sales". 
This DS is school age (lower elementary) but the place were going to has TONS of different aged areas so I could see parents assuming everyone could attend due to there being a little for all age groups  Personally I would want a parent to stay as its only 1 hr and it somewhat of a drive from our area I doubt anyone who do a drop off kinda thing.  Kid parties in our area/circle of friends are NOT drop off.  Actually I dont think I've ever been to a party where at least...
I am planning a bday party for one of my children.  He is really excited to have it at a venue that just opened up.  It is a little spendy per person but I figured he hasnt had a "big" bday party as of it, he typically is my low key kid who prefers just to do cake at home.  So him suggesting this party means that he really really wants one.    My dilema is that they do have a set party pkg however with my kids plus the guest we are over the # of people therefore each...
I have had hyperemesis in all my pg and Im super sensitive to any fragrances/smells heck at that point even things like light make me puke.  I found that if I shower daily with water and a washcloth that it helped me remain clean but then again in my condition I wasnt exactly running marathons, heck I was lucky to even get out of bed for more than 10 minutes in the whole day.    I did find that the soap we had been using for the kids (who are super sensitive skin)...
My only real rule was that all non washable or not easily washable (aka plush animals/fabric) could not be taken down to stores or whatnot.  They had to remain at home or in the car because frankly my kids loved on their lovies and having to wash them was always such a process that I finally put my foot down and besides the icky germ issue was too much for me