or Connect

Posts by tbmum

I had a biopsy done when my son was still a smidge, fully breastfed at about 7 months. I was actually breastfeeding him on the other side during the ultrasounds, and he was there for the biopsy too. (not feeding though!)   You don't need to stop - they probably just say things like that in ignorance. Always keep in mind people will just say stuff like that. I imagine it might be more uncomfortable with a load of milk, but feeding off beforehand would cancel that out....
I just saw this, but thought I might add to the tally:   113 months! 
Hi Monkey, I'd get the Baby Bjorn Little Potty - ours is going strong after 7 years of time in the house - other potties have gotten cracks from being tossed around.   I gave away all my onesies to a women's shelter - just kept some special gifts for ig grandma was looking after the baby, or if we would be in a nappy for a bit - they are just too hard.   Trackies are easier to get off. A pre-folt belt is cool for a little tot, they are wet all the time at the...
Hi Adasmommy, I've shared my EC at Night Tips at Tribal Baby. I hope they help you to refine your technique, it sounds as if you are moving forward well. Just remember to think of it as following your baby's needs in such a way that it is of calming benefit to you and your baby. - Charndra
Hi! You know, I don't even need to click through to see the mental judgements in that article - seen them all before... As everyone else has said, UGH, people who rant away like that usually have no idea what they are talking about, and jump to conclusions that are fear based and non sensical! We've only EVER had curiosity, and interest, and related stories! Be relaxed and flexible in whatever you choose to 'give a go'. There is no need to do anything...
Hi Kermit, Quote: I was thinking bring the BBLP and hold him on my lap, but I can just imagine the person's face in front of me, hearing the ginormous blowout, and then hearingmy dh and I enthusiastically complementing him on his big poop. Sigh. They'll still hear that blowout in a diaper - so go the potty! It is a squish, but I've done it. So what if they hear? Big deal. If someone complains, ask if they'd rather you lay out a baby's pooey bum to...
Hi Jenneology, Thanks, It's good to get recommended training pants that are found helpful for EC'ing. I'll be sure to add them to my EC Pants Directory! - Charndra
Hi Georgiamum, oh yes, it will definitely change, you've probably just overwhelmed the both of you! What if you just went diaper-free in the mornings for a couple of hours, or in the arvo? (They often pee less then) That way, you can both feel more relaxed, you can have a bunch of flannels nearby and 'expect' to wipe up some wees as he gets the idea. It is a step from going in the diaper to going out in the air! Remember - 'practicing' EC is about the...
LOL ALi! Good job on the 9pounds 13oz Ezra! Jett was 9lb 10oz. My precious middie told me the week before "he'll be a littley of 6-7 pounds I reckon" and i believed her, so that made it easier than if I was concerned over having a 'baby', not a 'stick' like Maven was at 7 lb 3oz, LOL.
Preparing for Your Diaper Free Baby: Free 8 page Report It has only taken me 4 years to finally get around to doing this, but here it is! I’ve just added [Tribal Baby News] - an announcements list for Tribal Baby As a gift for signing up, I'm giving you a helpful guide called “Preparing for your Diaper Free Baby” In this 8 page report you’ll discover 10 helpful tips on such aspects as: 5 tips for Choosing a Potty Key Aspects to Consider about CleanUp and...