or Connect

Posts by purplemamaturtle5

Happy New Year to everyone! Again, I haven't been as active on the forums as I'd like, but with three boys 5 and under...who has time? lol. I hope everyone is doing well with their new additions! Cedar is doing great, now 15 days old. I can't believe it. I will now leave you with a sweet picture I took of Cedar and his daddy.   
Congratulations! Such a unique and beautiful name! 
I had my little man, Cedar James on Dec. 17th. On the night of Dec. 16th, I had the normal contractions I had been having for over the past couple of weeks and then all of a sudden they came on really hard and strong. My husband and I left for the hospital at around 1:30ish AM and got there around 2AM...I was put into a room and at 3:15AM he was born after only one push! Baby and I are doing really well. Congratulations to all of you Mamas!     
Requested to join!
Thank you to both Lulubikes & Tropicana74  I really think I might just skip the flu vax all together and try some of the suggested ways of upping my immune system. When it comes to handwashing, would you suggest doing so with anti-bacterial soap? (I know that sounds like a silly question, but I've heard of people using regular soap and not killing off ALL the germs on our hands which allows us to build our immune systems) What about the use of hand sanitizer? Also, what...
Thank you for the kind response Mamabeakley. The biggest thing I fear is guilt. I could take the chance and get the shot, but could possibly get the flu because of it OR I could decide to not get the shot and run the risk of getting the flu, but it may have been prevented if I would have only gotten the flu vax. I also have a cold right now and go in for my check up today and I'm not too sure if it's good to get a flu shot while your already sick with a cold.
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and my doctors keep asking me if I'm going to be getting the flu vax/whooping cough vax. I had one doctor say that if I were to only get one, get the flu vax. I have never gotten a flu shot in my entire life and getting one for the first time during pregnancy scares the heck out of me. My MIL just had a flu shot recently and now she is sick with a high fever, she thinks she now has the flu. Also to consider, my husband works as a security officer...
This is a "what would you do" question for all of you mamas. I know that I have brought up this topic before somewhere in our group, but I wanted to give you my actual scenario. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and my doctors keep asking me if I'm going to be getting the flu vax/whooping cough vax. I had one doctor say that if I were to only get one, get the flu vax. I have never gotten a flu shot in my entire life and getting one for the first time during pregnancy scares the heck...
@Travelmumma - I'm doing just fine now, thank you for asking  (It just looks really bad right now)