or Connect

Posts by Raine822

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...997386&page=18 -posts 350 and 355 on page 18 Sorry I'm not very good at this internet thing
My mother just called and left a VM. She sounded calm but made no apology for her recent actions(or lack thereof). If she is willing to be calm I have decided I am willing to give her one final chance because in the past I have never enforced any boundaries. To give her another chance I need to be calm, no confrontational, and clear in the boundaries. May I ask for suggestions on statements I can make that will be clear and concise? I am not comfortable allowing...
Or any parenting topic? I just 5 minutes ago found out that a good friend got a BFP. We have never really talked much about kids/parenting before. I would like to offer help and information as much as I can but I don't want to come across as pushing her or demanding that she breastfeed.(BF may not be the only topic to come up but I'm sure it will be the same ideas). I am 1 of only 2 in my family to ever breastfeed so I know she has little to no info from there. I...
If you talk to the lifeguards would you not want the mom to know it was you?
Same here. When it became necessary we put DD in her bed. She often does not sleep in her bed but that's ok. She loves the freedom of mommy/daddy not "knowing" shes up so she goes around her room for awhile until she passes out on the floor. Its too cute.
DH and I have been presented with an offer to purchase a business. My FIL was a former business associate of the owner of 2 stores. FIL ran one store. Several years ago FIL opened his own store further away to get out of the city. The owner of these 2 stores does not want to run both. He wants FIL to either run or buy the one store. FIL suggested that with me being unemployed we may want to purchase the business and he would help us with the initial investment and...
"As for your body, you will be required to have an "electronic health record", by 2014. They snuck this into one of the "stimulus" bills. The electronic record will include an obesity rating. The information will be required to be on a "national exchange" with only secure access (Hah!). Why (removed UA violation) does your obesity rating have to be on a national exchange? " This is from an article my husband just found. The article was actually about gold purchases so...
After doing much research I have decided on selective vaccination. There are some that I want my children to have but there are several that I feel are completely unnecessary. I live in PA. The doctors like to push the "it's required for school" as a reason to vaccinate. We want to home-school but due to a business we may end up running(will post about in another forum after getting clarification from mods) it probably will not be possible. How can I go about an...
Thanks! I completely missed that Idaho and Nebraska only have jury duty laws. I saw text and assumed.
This was great!!! The car-seat analogy really hits home with me because my mother tries to not properly use a car seat. She gives me all the "you were fine" stuff but it boils down to her not wanting to learn how to use it properly. I also love that it points out that even though baby is fine now there can be long term effects. How many FF parents complain that baby is always sick? overweight? BF does not prevent illness or obesity 100% but it still helps.