or Connect

Posts by CheekyLilMonkeys

My son was born 33 weeks and in hospital just over a month. I feel bonded to him but feel similar to what Ratchet described in that life outside of being at the hospital with him was somewhat normal...so it's a huge transition when the birth is a distant memory, and also I found early days with my full termers I was still in a haze from the birth and physically tender, whereas I had to have a c/s this time and even that was healed fully by the time he came home. My main...
Thankyou for all the encouragement. We got the results of the autopsy, there was fibrous tissue in the cord which meant the flow wasn't enough and this is why my son died last year. It could occur again at any point this pregnancy so they need to closely monitor his growth and the blood flow through the placenta. I now have a 50% chance of miscarriage during the 1st trimester and a 14% chance of stillbirth. The doctor was very thorough in reading through the report and...
Hi just wondering if there are any others due in November with high risk pregnancies? Last year my son was stillborn in May at 23weeks, the initial autopsy report showed no reason which we'd been told to expect as often no reason is found. SO we were told it was just a horrible, random thing and no reason to expect it to happen again. I then had a miscarriage in September at 8weeks (on the due date of my stillborn son). This pregnancy I was put under the high risk...
Thanks for the replies. I'm feeling a little calmer about it today. I'm not good with big changes either and have never liked being away from my boys so combine the two and I'm having a few freak outs. I've thought about it a lot and realised that school life doesn't have to change so much about our family. We can still cook breakfast together, just get up a little earlier and be organised. There's still time for visits to the park and beach and bush after school. I'll...
My eldest son is starting school this coming Thursday. We've been a very attached family, always keeping our children close. We love doing everything together and have our own little rhythm to our lives. The downside no one warned me about with being so attached is just how much it's breaking my heart for him to go to school.   Each member of our family is an integral part, DH works full time, I work 2 days a week - on those 2 days our boys were in family day care...
My DS2 was like this, and the just create an expectation thing just didn't work - he was a houdini, would get out of any buckle, stand up, wrap his arms around me and climb onto me. It just wasn't safe having him constantly trying to climb out. For a good while he'd stand in the main section of the cart with DS1, but DS1 now is definitely old enough to walk beside me so now DS2 wants to walk too. I just make sure I only go grocery shopping when I have plenty of time and...
Wow - even my parents have told my siblings and I to do better. They were(still are!) wonderful parents - they consciously worked hard to break some bad cycles in the family line. And still they say to us "look at what we did, take what was good and worthwhile, but learn from any of our mistakes, and do better."
Hi just came in to update. My hormone levels had dropped 10%, which still may not be conclusive at this stage, but again is not hopeful. Finally got a copy of the scan results and the measurements were odd as well as the gestational sack being irregular. Bad cramping today and passing some clots. So I think it's safe to say it's over. Can't believe the timing....today is my EDD for my son who was stillborn 3 1/2 months ago. I wondered many times what this day would be...
Thankyou for the support - it helps to know I'm not completely delusional in thinking there could be hope! Nausea still getting worse, and I have that tight feeling in my lower abdomen of everything stretching. Hopefully I get the blood test results tomorrow. The thing is, with my two living sons, I felt very connected to them in the womb. Especially my DS2, it was like I could feel his little soul, and I knew what he would be like, I knew he would be just like me,...
Hi, I posted in this thread a while back but haven't been around in a while. Been so nervous waiting to see how this pregnancy would go and now things are not looking good but I'm so confused. Tuesday morning when I wiped there was pink tinged mucus. There was never enough blood to get on the pad I then put on. It continued every time I wiped up until around midday. The worst it got were a few red streaks in the mucus. Had a scan, and I was meant to be 7weeks, 2days...