or Connect

Posts by PluggingAway

I know I am posting late to the thread, but I can't resist :)  To the OP, I am glad your son's tic resolved!  My 6 year-old son has/had transient tics.  They haven't phased him a bit, but they sure did cause me significant stress when the tics first started!  Like you, I was convinced that his tics were not triggered by stress.  We did come to learn that they seem to occur when he is genuinely excited and "growing" emotionally, which in a way is stress, albeit good!  His...
I am still in the interviewing process.  I am losing some of my original enthusiasm for the new position.  I happened to meet someone whose daughter works in the same positon with the same company that I am in considering but in a different location.  The mother said the work is grueling and according to her, the requirement is 15 shifts per month which is a far stretch from three twelves per week.  She gave me her daughter's name and number but I haven't been able to...
Thank you so much for the input.  I really appreciate all the great feedback.  I have decided that if offerred the position, I am taking it!!  I think that my greatest hesitation was concern regarding the mental and physical stamina required for the new job.  The last 6 years have been filled with pregnancies, nursing and sleep deprivation so I have been in a bit of survival mode at work.  It is kind of scary to take on a new challenge but I am ready.  Thankfully,...
Looking for advice.  I have 3  kids, ages 5, 3, and 1.  I presently work full-time Monday through Friday 7:30 -  4:00pm with a 45 minute commute to and from work.  I like my job, but I get "kid-sick" so bad sometimes that I can barely breath.  My husband works full-time but has Lupus with kidney involvement which could flare up at any minute so full-time work is my reality.  I am presently interviewing for a position that is 3 twelve hour shifts (could include weekends)...
I went back to work when my son was 12 weeks old.  Despite our best efforts, he did not take to the bottle well at all.  We ended up reverse cycling.  He would take a total of 4 ounces through out the day and catch up at night.  It worked out for us. Although I don't think I could have maintained that schedule once we had more children.  Good Luck and hugs to you!
I have a tiny "mudroom" area at the bottom of my basement steps.  For our shoe storage, located on the wall at the bottom of the steps, we have cheap book shelves.  Our boots go on the bottom shelves and then each family member has a shelf.  On my shelf, since I have more shoes, I have plastic shoe drawers that I stacked.  There is one full sized book shelf and one short book shelf.  On the short book shelf there are bins for accessories.  I squeezed in a tall narrow...
care.com was a God-send for my family.  
Yep.  My 5 year-old and 3 year-old sons self-regulate their TV viewing.  I have no problem if they decide to veg out in front of the TV.  Normally, they are not big TV watchers.  In the past month, they have watched about 8 hours combined.  If they feel crummy and want to watch TV then no big deal.
We followed our hearts not our brains. We are expecting DC#3 next month. I am so grateful that I knew way down deep in my heart that another baby was waiting to join our family, and I'm so grateful that I know way down deep in my heart that we are done at 3. Good Luck on your journey!
I don't think that you're insane at all. It sounds like you are following your mothering instincts and providing for your children's needs..which at this point in time includes a good bit of night-time parenting. I say go with the flow and enjoy your kiddos. Don't stress about what you *should* be doing or your mother's opinion. You know what's best for your family.