or Connect

Posts by HoneybeeWaterfall

I agree I love the thread title.   I was never a purity based person but having my own children who are being raised in a mixed family and a mainstream daycare has made me reevaluate even more. In your scenario I would ask myself the question - if the society I lived in was equally vegan would I be missing something. I think in the case of occasional peanut butter cups the answer would be no - because an equally vegan society would have more delicious peanut...
Personally, since you say your stash is adequate I would just pour it out and let it go. With my first I pumped til 18mos for a variety of reasons and much of that ended up poured out in the end (it was still worth it). I recently learned on kellymom.com that refrigerated bm up to 7 days old is preferable to frozen bm because it retains some of the properties that freezing kills (I am paraphrasing - check it out yourself). So I would not give the thawed stuff to DS just...
DS just turned three and I have decided that I want to continue the CLW route for now but need some ideas how to enjoy the nursings more. DS was night weaned last year when I was pregnant, never self weaned during pregnancy and was allowed to have a big nursing spike after sister was born. Now we are back to a single evening routine nurse that is really pretty short. The problem is that when I look at his sweet face my heart knows I want to continue nursing but on an...
I'm vegan so never any dairy in my diet or other species milk protein in my milk but I have a gassy one too. I'm with kellymom on the food intolerance thing. Not to say it couldn't happen to some folks though. I am taking some (non-dairy cultured) probiotic powder in hopes of accelerating the colonization of her gut. But this is my 2nd ebf baby and I think it is just being a baby. Good luck!
I will be returing to work in a few weeks and wanted to only buy some new nipples to go with my existing substantial amount of medela gear but I read that their new nipples need new collars. I would rather get a different brand of nipples and not generate more waste. Does anyone know if something else fits? Thanks!
Today is my due date too. DS was born six days after his date which came as no surprise to me, I was certain he would be late. My personal guess for this one has been 5/9 - Mother's Day - which would be six days after her date. I am still working, though I started telecommuting last week and ended up putting in more hours than usual. This week I expect to work only as much as I feel like and fill in the rest with some vacation hours. Technically we are not allowed to...
Another thing to try is seitan. You can buy it premade or make it yourself. Depending on the broth it is originally made in, it will either be light (like chicken) or dark (like beef). When you make it yourself you can tweek it to get a flavor you like. Once you have the seitan, try using it in chunks in recipes where the flavor really comes from other things. My omni husband likes to make sweet and sour seitan by frying up the light seitan so it is a little crispy on...
For me, knowing my family is now complete
I'm no doctor but I would not assume that your newborn is protected from chickenpox at all due to breastfeeding. When my DS was about 5 months old he got chicken pox from me because I developed shingles. (He was exclusively bf'd at the time and the shingles appeared on my upper chest area where he could scratch them while nursing - ironic.) Honestly his chickenpox were mild and it was not a big deal, but a newborn is too young. Personally I'd wait for another opportunity.
Cybercere- Truth is that most of us daycare mommas feel just the same as you. It doesn't help the anguish but you are definitely not alone. With DS1 I put him with my parents temporarily when I first went back to work (and I still cried in the car everyday) and then tried to transition him to the daycare at around nine months when my parents headed back to their home. My DS had such terrible time getting used to it that they would call us and tell us come help calm him...