or Connect

Posts by beautifulnm

both kids are clingy now, feeling the "impending doom" of another baby arriving. DD typically has always either been doing her own thing or sleeping it seems like but now everyday when I get home she wants to hug and snuggle, sit on the couch beside me and hold hands.. instead of being her very independent self. DS has always been more clingy, even while sleeping, so not much difference but just a bit more serious now. Becca, I'm sorry about your fall and your discomfort...
I feel like I'm in the reverse of preparations and it's very peculiar. I sold my wagon, all the baby stuff I did buy is now in a shipping crate somewhere, and we are living out of a suitcase, let alone me working to accumulate clothing and putting up furniture. Also, trying to find a car on the other side of this is going to be interesting. It's like going down the wrong path like eh, we'll come out at the same point eventually, right?.. so far on the clothing front he has...
Well, we escaped the frozen north to middle America.. but everyone is sick. DS was the first to get sick, unfortunately throwing up on the epic drive and just looking like death warmed over. Seems like post nasal drip causing the puking and now DD is the source of endless snot. Today I've had the headache/back of the neck stiffness/stuffed upness. Awesome. Making it even more exciting than just being pregnant, sick, and transient I got a phone call about getting a new...
I'm probably going to do the pump in style again. I haven't had tremendous luck with pumping but I'll be doing it when I go back to work to avoid engorgement and those issues. I won't be waiting the 6 weeks to go back to work, hopeful that I have better luck with expression this time around. We'll see.
I've been having lots of the pubic pain as well. It's worst getting out of bed and I haven't really spent much time outside walking in the snow.. but the gym actually seems to have been helping with it, just bike/elliptical and sometimes hills on the treadmill.   I had a little bit of leg cramps last night, they were terrible last time around and nothing really helped much. I drank what seemed like gallons of water and they still inevitably came in the middle of the...
forest, I agree, it is harder each time but it's important even with the first. I was talking to dh last night about not shortening my hospital stay this time around; I came home a day early last time because I felt great at the hospital.. but then when I got home I felt like I *needed* to do a lot around the house and ended up in a bunch of pain and cranky. I will not be doing that again.
I'm a fan. It's strange that such hatred does exist, and that the very people spewing such hatred are descendants of immigrants.. When my hapa family was traveling cross country last summer we experienced in the midwest some stares and just outright looks of disdain. At first it was shocking (and for a second you wonder, is there something on my face?.. in my hair? Did the baby puke on me?..), and then makes you a bit upset but really just hurts your heart..  The reality...
This. Sometimes I have a hard time getting the buckle at the top of the ergo done if I'm by myself as well and don't always like asking strangers for help. . and then other times when I'm just tired and achy it's easier to use the 'bucket.' DD doesn't have a bucket-y swing or anything else bucket-y and there are days we don't even go anywhere in the car so it isn't as if she lives in the thing. I think that's the main thing- finding the balance and not just leaving your...
bowl-stuff. Salads with avocados, tomatoes, red onions, cheese.. Rice bowl with tamari-rice vinegar-sriracha-sesame oil stir fried tofu and assorted vegetables like onions, peppers, carrots, snow peas. spinach and grilled chicken breast, avocado, balsamic. how about soup that you could make ahead and eat a little each day?..
moving back to Hawaii. Will get there before Kai arrives, which introduces many new questions including what OB is going to want to let me deliver with them when I arrive there at 30-whatever weeks, and also how to pack all this crap up here and get it home. I'm about to have a yard sale in my house via craigslist. Starting all over. Anyone who needs a Saab station wagon lmk.. lol.