or Connect

Posts by mel

Hi everybody! Jan and I talked last night after I had emailed her the responses (in fact, she checked out MDC and this thread herself once I told her about it). Her heart was put to rest immediately thanks to all of you! And, yes, she is very "tender" right now. She said she is going to leave a little breathing room between her and Victoria for a while. I agreed that right now, during this fragile time, is NOT the time to be constanly verbally fencing with a...
I just emailed Jan with all of your comments. Thank you all so much - she will be soooo relieved! I figured Victoria's info came from some moldy wives tale closet!! Melissa
This morning I met two friends ("Victoria" and "Jan") for coffee and made a startling discovery! Here is the story... While we were chatting Jan gets all giddy and reveals that her and her hubby just started TTC. She also revealed that at the time of ovulation she had the stomach flu but they went ahead and "cuddled" because they want to have a baby so bad. This will be their first. Well, as soon as she had this happy news spilled, Victoria (who is very, um, lets...
FutureMama - Thanks for the PM and all the info! Thanks EVERYBODY for helping me out! I don't feel so clueless now. It's a very dark feeling to feel like you have no place to look or even begin. It also didn't help that I first asked a CNM about a MW for a HB! I know, I know BIG mistake! I guess I didn't realize how taboo CPMs are to a CNM, YIKES! I "knew" (or thought I knew) this particular CNM and felt like I could ask her about a MW for a HB and she promptly...
Persephone ~ Thanks a bundle for the lead! And that is great that you are going to be a doula!! FutureMama ~ Thanks for doing some "foot work" for me and keeping me in mind! BTW, I'm just curious, is Countryman the name of the mw in Bloomington? I appreciate you two responding so quickly to my thread Mel
I posted this in the Indiana, OH etc area but will post it here too because I really don't know WHERE to post it!! We live in the Indianapolis (Indiana) area and planning on getting pregnant ASAP. We are going to have a homebirth but have no clue how to get ahold of a midwife that attends HBs! Any ideas?
Quote: Well, I have a Nov. baby and am now expecting an Oct. baby.... I was pregnant with a June 04 baby but had a m/c so planning when you want your baby to be born is obviously not always possible. EmbersMOM - You are very right about MCs. Right when you think everything is perfect, the unthinkable can happen. Although I have never had a MC, my sister has had three (two of them after the first trimester) - very very sad. I think I have come to...
Winter is not so bad then. Have my baby (homebirth), cuddle up with the new family of four in our family bed, and have relatives and friends do the running to and fro for us (grocery store, meals etc) And then pop into Spring with a bright eyed two/three month old! Hey! I think winter was made for having babies LOL!!!!! I'm obviously trying to convince myself that we are not crazy for wanting to get pregnant right now and delivery our baby in Jan. The great...
So it looks like Spring is the preferable time to have a baby for most of us. To be completely honest, DH and I have "baby fever" really bad. To wait two more months to conceive (in order to have the baby in March) feels like forever! When our ds was 18 months old we started talking about wanting another baby - that was six months ago ! The other thing too is that we can't just "play around" and see what happens... I am VERY tuned into my body and know pretty much...
DH and I are planning our next baby (#2). Our first was born in April and it felt like the most wonderful time to have a baby, NOW I'm afraid of having a baby any other month (I know, that's strange: )! The months that I am especially afraid of are the winter months (colds, flu, etc). Okay ladies, this is what I want to know... What month did you have your baby - what were the pros and cons?