or Connect

Posts by lcisne

Hi, I logged in to look for homeschooling info and just happened to see this post.  I'm not a divorce lawyer, but I am a lawyer and a friend of mine from law school is a divorce lawyer.  Coincidentally, she just opened her own firm.  She was one of my favorite people at school, she has an awesome vibe!  I understand that she deliberately set her rates to be reasonable.  If you're interested in talking to her, her name is Kamilah Clark, and her number is (404) 234-3637. ...
oh boy!  if your 3 year old has a rhythm, then I definintely wouldn't mess with it, as mine just can't seem to catch one (because they are so different, I think).  but if I come up with any brilliant ideas, I'll let you know ... I sure did do a LOT of research, LOL, most of which I am too foggy to recall.  There really IS something to that whole business about eating a snack right before bed, I read recently.  they proved it in adults.  you can reset your biological...
So ... I have never figured out the magic bullet.  However, S does not have the biting issue anymore.  I became sort of an expert at catching him to delatch him, before he bit me, and somehow at some point it stopped happening.  I have lived in a fog for 3 years, so I can't tell you when it happened, but it DID.  I can tell you from experience that for some kids, night weaning is not the answer, because I tried that too.  It was a disaster.  He just has that temperament,...
Hi, M.  I feel your pain.  I have 3-1/2 year old twins (S and T) and believe it or not, one of them (S) still nurses through the night.  One of them (T) has an autism spectrum disorder, and I have never been able to get them on the same schedule.  I am a walking zombie much of the time, and like you, I find myself saying and doing things I never thought I would, because zombie is not a good state for dealing with two challenging 3 year old boys!!  I also went through the...
Gosh, I can't believe how long it's been since I came back here!! I've had a lot of unexpected things going on in my life the past few months, so I just couldn't seem to ever make it back here (and remember my password!). We still haven't made up our minds what to do. We do, but then we start agonizing again before we can do anything about it. We're kind of stuck for a little while because we owe more on our house than it's currently worth. It is nice to know though...
Well, I kind of figured you would say that. I just think that maybe I have some really hard choices to make. I think that if I live so far away, I'm just not going to get the kind of support that I need on a daily/weekly/sharing our lives together kind of basis. I'm an only child with only 2 children, and I really don't want them to grow up alone in the world. Not having any siblings is different, because I think that you can stay close to siblings from a distance,...
My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Hopkins County (Madisonville and surrounds) or somewhere nearby in order to be closer to some relatives. The story is that we're 40 and have 2 almost 3 year old twins, one of whom has an autism spectrum disorder ... and we've just never done a very good job building a social network ... basically, I was born in Madisonville and nearly all of my relatives are there, although I was not raised there. In my 20s I moved...
I have twin boys who are almost 3 and over 3 feet tall, and my husband is 6 and a half feet tall, and I need a really really really giant bed! It needs to be as long as a California King (about 84 inches), but about as wide as 2 queen size beds put together ... is there any way for me to find such a thing? I really don't want the crack in the bed! Is there somewhere you can go and have a custom futon made, for example? Has anyone here ever done that?
I have twins and really worried about this issues, but figured out like last poster to put the mattress on the floor, in the corner, so no rolling out problem. I always slept between the babies and my husband, because I do not believe fathers have the same instincts we do necessarily and I just didn't trust Daddy not to roll over on a baby by accident. Also a couple of times I had noticed that by accident he wound up with a baby on the other side of him and the baby...
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. Sorry I haven't been able to get back here, but I really appreciate your taking the time. I will check out those resources for sure. Also thanks for the hug. I don't know how to do the fancy stuff, but a hug back to you.