or Connect

Posts by judyH

My older kid is nw 4 and the younger one is turning 2. Its really tough to get the older one to sit down and learn formally. Much of the teaching at home nw involves much playing with teaching moments. With the younger one always getting in the way, many times i have to make the learning more adapt so the younger kid can join as well. If its a reading session, i will do the reading and my husband will read separately to the younger kid. Sometimes vice versa. And if its...
Its perfectly normal for your DD to show affection to other kids like hugging, kissing,etc..perhaps you had illustrated love and affection well at home ? And to me, thats a good thing! Your child is still too young to understand about dangers and getting hurt by other kids. You may want to gently hold her hands and distract her by saying "now, little baby needs to rest, lets not disturb her".
What the psychologist is saying does make sense to me. When you ask questions like "The baby is crying. What do you think is bothering him? ", you are actually involving your older child in the process of caring for the baby. It makes him think deeper and interact with you and the younger sibling. It'll also make him feel important that his mother is involving him. Kids are still kids. They will not think like adults do like "why is my mum asking me? Doesn't she know...
I can't help but feel sad for you and your family . I've nearly been in such a situation of separation but that was only for 2 months. I believe many had already given you the advise of NOT breaking the law. And that is my stand as well. There must be a way to expedite things at homeland security, i guess. Though i have no clue how this can be done but surely there must be a way of reaching out and telling them of your tricky situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetPotato and she's starting to drop her nap, which is making me CRAZY to just be left alone by the afternoon. My 2 year old is dropping her nap too and sometimes i feel that i am losing my only private moments as a SAHM. I often wonder how can i make her nap regularly again! But i suppose its natural for kids to drop their nap after a certain age. You are certainly not alone. I am aware that i am more grumpy...
A very warm welcome to this board. I was reading your post and was quite amazed honestly about her potty training herself in a matter of days. I am curious if you guided her at all ? How was the whole process anyway? As for the part on her drawing abilities, i must say that i thought my DD was smart to be able to draw animals and pics of our family (stick man style ) at 3. But i guess yours is even smarter to be doing this at 2 y/o. Impressive!
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Discipline simply means teaching. I teach from birth. When baby pulls hair I redirect- say - use gentle hands on mama, and give him something else to handle and yank on. -Angela I can understand why most of us think that kids at an early age can't be discipline in a tough way! I once raised my voice at my 1 year old becos she was throwing tantrums while i was working on my laptop at home. Needless to...
I had a crib that was passed down by my sister and the first thing i did was to ensure that the screws and the joints of the crib was properly intact. Depending on the model of your crib...i would say that for older model with screws and you need to assemble it yourself with bolts and nuts, do watch out that its fasten well. But honestly, if its more than 10 years, i will seriously consider getting either a brand new model or maybe buying a 'not so old' model on ebay or...
While its normal for toddlers to go through this stage of hitting and biting, it can be really annoying! Children typically hit NOT out of frustration but rather am confused with how they should react or communicate. The next time he tries to hit you, try substituting the interaction with a more pleasant approach. Perhaps distracting him with his favorite toys or tell him something he enjoys hearing. You could also tell him that you do not allow 'hitting' in the house and...
How old is your kid now btw? I do know that night terror is a common sleep problem for kids between 2-6 yrs old. They usually happens when your child is very tired. I will suggest getting your child to a good bedtime routine. Try to ensure that your child is getting enough rest. This can help prevent it.