or Connect

Posts by Mamaste

Super Eco is giving away three autographed copies of Robyn O'Brien's "The Unhealthy Truth: How Our Food is Making Us Sick -- And What We Can Do About It" over at Super Eco. All you have to do is leave a comment on the post. I can't recommend this book highly enough. I've worked with Robyn since she first started researching this problem. Her research is solid and her passion and genuine interest are boundless. Check it out!...
There's a whole list of natural-minded groups at North Texas Natural Family's Attachment Parenting page.
Hey there, I think your best bet would probably be checking out some of the local moms' lists. There's a list of lists at North Texas Natural Family's AP page. I'll bet you find some connections there!
I realize we've passed Christmas now, but I thought I'd add this list in case there was something new there. I'll add anything posted here to the page for other readers. Thanks!
You might have good luck with the Tarrant Mamas group, as well as some of the other local AP/natural parenting lists. Good luck connecting!
Congratulations on your move and your pregnancy! Depending on the reason for your c-section, you may find a midwife who will accept you for a VBAC. If that's something that interests you, I wouldn't rule it out before you do some digging and calling around. That said, I think the best way to find doctors is to ask on some of the local AP/natural lists. Many times, you can get more details and personal feedback in a list and email situation than you can on a discussion...
I can't recommend any particular centers in your area, but if you are looking for a private family to provide care, you might try asking on one of the many local AP email lists in the area. Someone there also might be able to fill in until you find a more permanent solution. Check this list of local groups. Good luck!
Dr. Nina Cahan in Coppell is another MD with a homeopathic background. She dispenses homeopathic remedies from her office. As far as a classic homeopath, try Dr. Alex Bekker in Dallas. Alex Bekker, MD Homeopathic general practitioner; 6500 E. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 115 Dallas, TX 75214 Phone: 214-821-3133; e-mail You might find other ideas here: http://northtexasnaturalfamily.com/?page_id=16. Honestly, though, I think the best idea for finding health care practitioner...
Quote: Originally Posted by Night_Nurse I LOVE Spiral! I had no idea they were now in Dallas, though. We always stop there whenever we are in Ft. Worth. Please give them a try. Fadi's is the name of the place I couldn't recall. It's not completely veg. but most of their choices are veg/vegan. http://www.fadiscuisine.com Both of these places are worth any drive time -- simply fabulous!
Making lists helps -- and the key is to include things that give your life balance, not just the grunt tasks. It's hard to get caught up tweaking and re-tweaking something if you know you have five other things to get to in the next two hours ... (and those things can be as simple as "Be available to play Jenga when the school bus pulls up").