or Connect

Posts by FlipMom23

I would also go the relactating route.  I don't know how old your baby is, but it's possible to relactate months after giving birth.  It would be the easiest, cheapest, and healthiest thing to do.  Then an elimination diet is a pain, but well worth it because you'll have a WHOLE new baby.  I've been exactly where you are, and it was absolutely a milk allergy.  My son was exactly the same way - he even used to have bloody scratches all over his face from rubbing and...
Glad things are getting better!  It's soooo hard to figure out your new "normal", as far as your diet goes.  Coconut milk ice cream (health food stores) is to die for!  And just plain coconut milk (that you buy in cartons) is a yummy sub too.  I've found nothing as good as cheese, though. :(   Your dd may be allergic to something else too, or you may have just missed something in an ingredient list.  Milk can be disguised a zillion different ways (sodium caseinate,...
I'm nursing my 17 mo old dd.  I have to admit, I'd be glad if she self-weaned, but I don't see that happening any time soon.  I'm not going to try to wean her, so we'll see how it goes.
Hey ladies!  I'm going to be sticking around here, I think.  I got a little surprise last weekend, and I'm coming around to the idea and am actually a little excited now. :)   I think I'm due about 8/9, but I'll know more after my third hcg tomorrow.  The first was 117, second 189, and tomorrow I'm hoping for 500+ to consider this a viable pregnanct.  I've had four miscarriages in the past, so I know this could go either way.   Hopefully I'll be sticking around...
Not too good.  The first was 117, 48 hours later it was only 189.  I know that's technically "normal", but given my history of miscarriage and the light bleeding I've had on and off, I think that means bad news.  I'm not sure what the doc plans to do next, but I'll keep you all updated.   I have mixed emotions.  On one hand, I'm slightly relieved because this is just not a good time for us, but on the other hand, the idea of having another child has grown on me.  I'm...
I'm so sorry.  Waiting and watching those hcg levels is so stressful.  I hope you get a miracle.   I'm in the same boat.  My first was 117 and second was 189.  I've had enough miscarriages to know that that slow of a doubling time generally isn't good news. :(
Thanks, we already have made the decision based on what's best for our family.   
That's great!  I only do about 2 hours per week because we live in a sparsely populated rural area.  But that's enough for me. :)  I go to the office to make my calls and stuff because my kids can't be quiet enough to do it from home. lol!   My hcg level was 117, which is a lot higher than I expected.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's.....  
Thanks for all the support, mamas!  It really means a lot to me.   I have times when I feel so confident and know I can do this, then when I've got all three kiddos needing something at the same time, I just want to cry and I wonder how on earth I could add more to the mix!   A couple of good things.... I told my mom, and initially she cried and told me I was irresponsible and couldn't handle or afford another baby (like, she was talking retirement! Lol!  That's...
Hello all.  I am very, very unexpectedly pregnant.  And not exactly thrilled about it.  I know that may hurt some, and I'm sorry, but I have to get this off my chest and this is the best place for me to let loose.   I have three awesome kids, my youngest is almost 18 mo and is still nursing.  She is a very high-needs kid, very bossy, very demanding, and such a little tattle-tale!  But she's so great and I can't imagine life without her.  She's mainly the reason I'm...