or Connect

Posts by ursusarctos

I was surprised they didn't cauterize the wound. That's what they used to do to stop bleeding and prevent infection. I know the show is ultimately about the moral issues and exploring what happens when civilization collapses and I love it for that, it's super fascinating. But I need details to be semi-believable, dammit! Lol! Suspension of disbelief depends on the little things being realistic enough so that the situation is plausible as a whole. For me anyway.  
  She can't see over my shoulder and that did lead to some squirminess at first. However she can see from side to side and isn't constrained by my hands/arms blocking her when I do stuff, plus if I bend over she's still more upright than if I have her on my front. When she's on my front her range of vision is just as limited if not more, and it's much more comfortable for me to have her on my back. I did discover that she likes it a lot better if her arms are out, not...
I started wearing DD on my back when she was about 5 months and we never do front anymore (we have an Ergo-like structured carrier). It's much easier for me and she can see better too.  
Butterflymom! Congratulations!!! :) Just saw your post in new posts.   Obviously I don't have much experience in that area BUT when I conceived the first time (and it ended in an early miscarriage) I was coming off 4 years of heavy drinking and partying. And I had at least one or two early miscarriages (chemical pregnancies?) after that as well. Of course everybody is different, but I would definitely think it would be a great idea to cut out alcohol a while before...
Wow, I have been spending way too much time on the facebook group... I want to "like" all these posts   Stuck with: Nursing, cosleeping, cloth diapering (surprisingly we do it more now than in the beginning! I wasn't sure about that at all at first), babywearing (though not in the house, DD doesn't care for it if I'm not moving around), EC (also something I wasn't sure about, but it's gotten much easier lately), BLW   Let go: No TV (turning on the TV for a...
    While I see what you're saying and I too agree that the healthy mom and baby is paramount, I think that the birth experience is still more than just the cherry on top. The "birth trauma is a first world problem" argument doesn't work for me. Obesity is a first world problem. Does that mean it doesn't still cause disability, disease, and sometimes crushing depression due to social pressures? No. Just because people in the first world have the privilege of not having...
!!! What a great blog post, and good for you for trusting your intuition wherever it leads you! I was in a similar position several months ago with my first birth. I had been hanging out on the UC forum for years and seriously considered one, wanted one. At the very least, I had assumed all my life that I would birth at home with midwives (my mom had all homebirths). But, very much like you describe, I couldn't get the idea of birthing in the hospital out of my head. It...
Kindermama, fwiw my mom got her tubes tied after my youngest sibling was born and she has later said that if she had known about all the side effects she wouldn't have done it. I don't know what the side effects are but I would definitely research carefully if I were you.   Also, that youngest sibling was indeed the result of an "off month" when my mom ovulated early. Of course, if you always wait until *after* you've ovulated just to be sure then the chances of...
JMJ, thank you for the interesting and informative post. I also don't want to chart when there is obviously nothing going on, especially because I have to temp as CM is not reliable for me. And I also really dislike withdrawal, and other methods are out too for various reasons. So basically, since I am already doing almost everything to qualify for ecological breastfeeding, it feels like I might as well consider the child spacing "side effect" of it too. It sounds like...
I know what you mean. I started getting that really strongly when I was pregnant, just suddenly hitting me sometimes. It's almost too poignant and I have to push it away somewhat.