or Connect

Posts by leigh09

My kids are 5, 4, and 2.  hide and seek is a daily favourite here - we literally play every non-school morning.  If you have a space where you aren't worried about breakables, tag is also fun.  (we do it inside the house too)   As for t.v. - I let my kids watch tv every day.  They are allowed to pick one movie to watch at snack time.  I have my coffee, get started on the daily chores, and we're done for the day.  I blame it all on the "rule"- tv only at snack time. ...
Oh, one more comment - my first child was gone to the hospital nursery after his birth, just to get checked over.  This was the most unnerving part of my c/s with him.  I thought I had a baby, but wasn't able to hold him and had no idea where he was.   I talked about this with my OB, who said in non-urgent circumstances (ie RCS), the baby never leaves my sight.  This was true with both baby 2 & 3.  They were checked over and wrapped up in the OR, came with me to my...
hugs to you, it can be difficult when your birth doesn't go the way you dreamed of.   With my first baby, I wanted a natural, unmedicated birth.  In a hospital though, just in case.  My baby has problems during the labour - he was not dropping and his heart was going crazy.  I had a c/s and when they opened me up the dr found the reason - he was so twisted in his cord he didn't have much room to move anymore.  He wasn't able to breathe at birth.   Anyways, the...
Maybe a late comment, but this is my two cents:   I do love some of the Melaleuca products.  They work well.  However it is ridiculously expense.  There is no need to join their monthly buying club - their products last so long that you don't need to replenish them that frequently.  They sell their products super concentrated, and it's up to you to dilute them with water.  (To to PP who mentioned they used very strong products, it may either not have been diluted...
Our school and many others in the area have a "balanced school day".  Their day is broken into thirds - the have the first third, break for 1st lunch, the second third then break for 2nd lunch, the last third then go home. We are all strongly encouraged to just split their lunch in two - my kids all have 1/2 sandwich, drink, and fruit at each lunch break.
That is normal - the nurse doesn't want to hold any liability for giving test results over the phone.  She will even tell you this when everything is perfectly fine.
We're in a similar situation ... my dh is diabetic, off wheat & dairy, I have a son who is lactose intolerant, and I don't use any soy products (out of choice.) Our basics are: Breakfast - eggs or oatmeal Lunches - very often homemade soup, rye bread with sandwich stuff on it, leftovers, etc Dinners - they are quite standard some form of meat, vegetables, and starch (usually rice or sweet potatoes)   I find meals aren't so hard, trying to come up with healthy...
Through my first trimester with my oldest ... he is now five years old and completely healthy!  
It is concerning that your baby is dropping so much in weight.  I have had all small babies, my doctors & lc all said it doesn't matter what the percentile is, as long as it's consistent.   One thing that has helped my babies is a tip from the book "Mother food for Breastfeeding Moms".  Eating more healthy fats ... olive oil, sesame oil, eggs, butter, and the like ... can increase the fat content of your milk.  The book has a specific strategy for boosting the fat in...
i find i drink a lot of diet pop when i'm trying to lose weight.  it is not because the pop helps with weight loss, it is simply because i am substituting one weight gaining habit (snacking) with a zero-cal one (diet pop)   i am still working on losing my baby weight, and also drinking way too much pop.  i am also working on consciously cutting back.  for me, it is seriously just a substitution habit. i find the pop satisfies my sweet tooth and i no longer crave...