or Connect

Posts by CrunchyKatie

I know these things can't be predicted, but I am interested in hearing other momma's experiences or midwive's thoughts...   My first was born 3 1/2 hours after contractions began. My second was born about 20 minutes after I woke up thinking that I *could* maybe be in labor. It was a planned homebirth, but ended up being unassisted. It was the most amazing experience of my life! I don't have any fears related to birth being overly fast or painful, I am comfortable...
This is what I am concerned about - If he does find out... I don't want anybody else knowing that he knows. That alone would drive me bonkers! How did you feel with having him know and you not vs. neither of you knowing?   I also think we need to decide on the names now... yikes! We didn't have our daughter named until she was 3 days old and it seems to get more difficult with each child. :)
Hard to tell, but in the second picture I can make out three lines, so I say girl.
Has anyone done this before? This is my third baby and my husband and I did find out the sex with both of our previous babies. This time I would like to be surprised at the birth. It seems really important to my husband to find out the sex of the baby - maybe it helps him feel more connected to the pregnancy, I'm not sure. We are considering only having him find out at our ultrasound next month. We won't be telling anybody that he knows and he has sworn he will not tell...
  I originally planned on dual care for this pregnancy, and when I went to the OB who is covered by my insurance I received the same "advice". I didn't say anything then, but a week later I did call and tell them I was choosing to continue my care elsewhere because he provided me incorrect and outdated information regarding breastfeeding, followed by a fax containing info supporting breastfeeding during pregnancy. I wonder how many other women are hearing this and...
17.5 months for us.
I absolutely LOVE my Mavi jeans. I get them at Destination maternity. They make my butt look awesome - not flat, wide, dumpy, etc. like most other jeans I've tried on. They are a nicer quality denim and don't shrink. Full price the two pairs I have were over $100/each, but I paid probably $70 for each. Even that is a major splurge for me, but it is sooo worth not feeling frustrated every morning when I get dressed! I buy all of my shirts second hand so I make up for it...
Nursing is starting to become extremely uncomfortable! My nipples are just sooo sore and it seems like all my 18 month old ever wants to do is nurse! She has been up multiple times a night for the past couple of weeks and all day long she is signing milk and reaching down my shirt. I'm fatigued and nauseated as it is. I really wanted to meet our goal of 2 years, but right now I'm finding it to not be such a pleasant experience anymore. I am not going to totally wean, but...
I also just requested this through interlibrary loan. Still waiting for it to arrive! Most other breastfeeding books that I've read only briefly touch on the subject saying that it isn't necessary to wean, that it's safe for the majority of pregnant women to continue breastfeeding throughout, and that some may have nipple soreness, feel agitated, or experience a supply decrease. I don't have an appointment with my midwife until mid January, but I will def. be asking her...
Hey, girls! I'm so glad we finally have our own DDC! I thought I would start a thread for those of us who are still breastfeeding another babe. How old is your nursling? When are you due? Do you plan on weaning or do you hope to tandem? What challenges are you facing so far or do you expect in the future? Have you ever breastfed while pregnant or tandem nursed before?   I'm due August 1st, and I'm nursing my 18 month old DD. I'd like to breastfeed her until she is 2...