or Connect

Posts by pinaymommy

Thanks veganmama! I did have one early miscarriage this time and I never had miscarriages in my life that I knew of so I guess that does come with age huh? No testing for me except I have never gotten an U/S before and I think I might this time. The kids are dying to know if its a boy or girl and I have never known with the other pregnancies. I do feel more worry than before. With the other pregnancies I just knew everything was fine. This time I allow myself to wonder...
Hey Tanasmama! Hows the depression? Stay in touch. I know that prenatal depression can be pretty intense. We are all here for you and each other so don't drift too far. Happy new year everyone and also just wanted to keep this thread going because it means a lot to me to know other "older" moms. I cant shake feeling old but I know thats a bit irrational. 40 is not old- even for baby birthing! Just gotta start feeling it. stay active and not get too bogged down with life!
I realize as I am thinking back and listening to you guys that I have been having babies for 16 years! It took me 16 years to have four babies! And you can bet that I did do a lot of amazing things in between them. Sometimes I envy you guys that just had your babies all together but one thing I can say is that I do get a lot of help! No need to explain. I know we never really mean "mistake" because its all the way it is meant to be so our little spirit babies can come...
I does. I was told this by CYFD when I inquired about foster parenting. I will try again and ask without the breastfeeding part. Maybe that freaked them out. It didn't seem that strange to me at the time.
Its the only way I can imagine it. Even with the first two I used the bathtub even though i hadn't planned it. Then by the third I finally got a birth tub. It can be a sweet way to go. Even if you just use the water and give birth somewhere else. Some women set them up and never use them. They don't feel like being in the water. Sometimes you just never know!
I love the name Zosia. Our sons name is Jose. Which looks normal except we're Portuguese so its a soft j sound in Portuguese/Brazilian not an h sound like in Spanish. And we call him Ze. Zezinho for little Ze and Zezao for big Ze. He's also Kuya Ze (big brother Ze in the Philippines). He loves them all. Call her what she wants to be called! Its a beautiful name!
Hello everyone. I am having my fourth baby. My husband and I would like to be foster parents. i would also like to be able to offer to breastfeed an infant for health reasons while I am still lactating. In new Mexico, we were told that we can't be foster parents if our children are not vaccinated. Also that foster parents cannot nurse their foster child. Can any one tell me what they know about these issues? We would like to open our home but it doesn't seem possible at...
I am pretty damn close! And so's AnnR33! And I'm really with you ATruck- Not a mistake at all.
Hello everyone! I'm so excited! This is my very first time on this site. I am due July 20, 2009. This is my fourth baby. I have a 15 year old, a 7 year old, and a three year old. This will be my fourth homebirth. I will be 41 years old by the time this babe is born! I live in rural NM with my hubby Mateo and our goats, chickens, pony, donkey, cats, dog and fish (phew!). I am a homebirth midwife and also run a community doula program here. I'm happy to know you all are out...
That's hillarious! With our last baby, the family came to visit me at a birth center where I was working and I had been up all night christmas eve. For whatever reason, I decided to pee on a stick that night and it was positive so i did just that! I wrapped it up and gave it to him the next morning on christmas! It took him a few seconds to figure out what it was. He kept trying to open it. When he did finally figure it out, it was sweet! So I vote for that tactic. He'll...