or Connect

Posts by aquarius aspiring

I was cruising around mothering tonight, first reading ghost stories and then moving onto psychic phenomenon. "Ask a Psychic" caught my attention, but all the threads I saw were at least two years old. I have a few questions (about babies) and wondered if there was anyone still around who could help me.   Thanks!
Hi Jeanine,   I think you might be trying to respond to my post. I'm sorry for not responding earlier. I tend to wander in and out of the mothering forums based on my baby fever and whatnot. I lived in a trailer with my parents and my younger brother and younger sister. We moved there when I was four and I finally moved out when I was 25. I went away to college for four years and came back for a little over a year. I think it was because, oddly enough, I felt safe there....
I'm not sure this thread is in the right place, but I figured I'd give it a try over here.    A little background information: My husband and I don't have any kids yet (hopefully in a few years). I'm really interested in learning more about attachment parenting including babywearing and respecting children as their own individual selves.    A few months ago, I was in Target and saw a mother with her young son. Her tone with him was gentle  and she didn't seem to...
Hi, everyone!   There seems to have been a minor pregnancy explosion at work lately. One co-worker is pregnant, one work associate is pregnant, the wife of a co-worker is pregnant, and the wife of a work associate is pregnant. I'm completely thrilled for everyone (and a teeny bit jealous).   I'm working on eating better and exercising more which are the biggest things I want to work on before getting pregnant.   How's everyone else doing?
Congratulations, monkey! That's such happy news!
Today on A Baby Story, the mother was 41 weeks before her labor was induced. The baby had dropped and the mother's cervix was soft by that point. The mother was given Cervidil to soften her cervix. After about 12 hours, she was given Stadol for the pain and she took a nap. At some point, she was give Pitocin to increase her contractions and then the mother opted to received an epidural for the pain. Her labor stalled at 5 centimeters. Her doctor called for a c-section...
*pokes back*  
Does anyone else watch this show? What do you think about it?   All of the births taken place at the Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, TN   Lately, I've tended to like it more than "A Baby Story", which should really be called "A C-Section Story". I've seen more unmedicated births on BFD and also more CNMs who seem to explain things more than the OBs seem to. However, like ABS, there are moments when I want to hurl something at the tv.   When a woman...