or Connect

Posts by aquarius aspiring

DH is out of town this weekend. So far I've watched Baby Mama. Now I'm watching Knocked Up. I've also got Birth of a Family, Attending Birth, and Birth Day lined up. It's Saturday night with my biological clock. Is it sad that I want to see The Back-Up Plan?
I Quote: understand. That would make me sad, too -- that he's okay with a surprise, but not with taking an action that might more directly result in a baby. I had two months in a row in which I missed my period completely, but wasn't pregnant. I was really disappointed it wasn't an "oops" (I'm on a BCP, and take it faithfully), and even my husband admitted he was a little sorry I wasn't pregnant after all. So why can't we get to the point where we both agree...
Posting in here tonight because I feel kind of sad. I ran out of birth control pills a couple of weeks ago. I had to find an new doctor (actually I ended up with a CNM) because I have insurance now. I got a new prescription for the pill. I should start taking them tonight. The problem is that I don't entirely want to start taking them again. I want to let nature take its course and have a surprise baby. DH is not cool with that at all. I brought it up to him a few...
My advice is to follow your dreams and your passion! GO FOR IT if that's what you want. You'll find a way if it's meant to be. As for the Midwifery Today conference, I can't believe we missed each other! I was there from Wednesday until Friday. I was so sad to leave. All of the women there were so inspiring! I loved Carol Gautschi. Her spirit is so loving and welcoming. Lisa Goldstein was incredibly cute; this little 64-year-old woman bopping around. Gail Hart is also...
I've wanted to be a mother for a long time now and the urge is even stronger now that I'm married. I come to MDC to read everything on parenting, birth, and I like reading the posts in the Mindful Home. I have a list (probably several) of things that I want to do and that DH and I want to do together before having kids. However, when I think about these things (like moving to a different city), I think of the impact of having kids there (homeschooling, how "crunchy"...
Does anyone go to/know of a friendly gynecologist located in the Fredericksburg area? My BC pills from Planned Parenthood (down in Richmond) run out in a month. I'm looking for someone local. It's a huge plus if he or she is fat-friendly, but not a necessity. Thanks in advance!
Quote: Originally Posted by MissNo Spotsy. I grew up in Spotsy; Partlow to be exact.
I'm in Fredericksburg! I'm just getting started with my doula certification from DONA.
I grew up in a trailer and hated it.   I think it's wonderful that you have the chance to live in the country. From my own experience, I would think of living in a trailer as a temporary solution. Make sure the trailer you buy is in good shape and you can live comfortably there. A well and a septic system is a must. Make sure that you keep your home organized and tidy and that everyone has a little space of their own.
Quote: Originally Posted by lisalulu The cost of my textbooks are killing me! What are some good places online I can check? I pretty much only know Amazon and Half. TIA! http://www.chegg.com It's a website where you can rent your textbooks for a summer, a quarter, or a semester. The rental fee is pretty low and then you can send your textbooks back at the end of your rental period. I compare costs on Chegg, Amazon, and Half.com....