or Connect

Posts by bohmproof

I am cleaning out my grandpa's house and there are a 1001 recorded VHS tapes.. stuff just taped of the tv from the 80's and 90's. Are these recycle-able, or can anyone think of what to do with them.. the quality isn't good, and it's about 3 or 4 garbage cans full. it seems so wastefull just to toss them, and will take forever waiting a week to throw out another can full... any thoughts?
We have started taking care of the chickens at MIL's house, long story, but she can't do it for a while. We are going to toss all the eggs and give them to the cats, and start fresh collecting.. My question is: The eggs we did collect the yolks were runny.. you break open the egg and the yolk came pouring out.. is this just a really old egg, or a fertilized egg, or what?! They don't smell, but we aren't eating them, just curious to what this means. Thanks!
Background: dd will be 8 months on the 13th, no vax yet, only the 3 day checkup, eats anything you will give her, still breast feeds, likes super watery juice in bottles (won't accept B. M., other milk or formula in bottles,) no allergies known. We have been in and out of hospitals for 2 weeks visiting FIL who was diagnosed with Guillian Barre (guy-on Bar-ray) in ICU. About a week ago she started this wet, hacking cough-- almost like a "smoker's hack", and I am...
my DH wanted Johann (yo-hann) but I couldn't wrap my head around it. We went with Hannabal Shaw.. Hannabal was the only name we could agree on.. we have a very strong and unique surname and wanted something that could hold up to that, and Shaw was the family clan name in Scotland. Friends went with Quinn, Rogan, Tarzan, (Tarzanna for a girl which they had), I think that's it for unique names. ( We got HUGE flack from the family on both sides for Hannabal by...
thanks!
DH and I are so frustrated, his side of the family continually offers to take DS (3) on outings, to the movies, park, overnights, and other special outings.. and when we try to take them up on it, there is a million crappy excuses... I broke yesterday.. we have had a crappy week.. FIL was diagnosed with guillian -barre syndrome (temporary paralysis), and his father had a stroke.. they were sharring a hospital room for 2 days before grandpa was sent home on hospice....
I took away a carseat from my MIL last weekend because the date was 2002, and i have always understood it doesn't matter, 5 years max. I was so mad that it was improperly installed for one, the straps hadn't been adjusted for him the entire time she had had it, and other personal reasons. I put his carseat in the car for her, and went and bought a booster seat for him for us, and I cut the straps on the britax. ( I ordered new ones) Needless to say, it was a huge...
Wal-Mart-- reasons listed above, and the small town killing.. seen personally. K-Mart.. can't stand Martha Stewart Trader Joe's.. every little thing is prepackaged and wrapped in plastic.. you can't buy whole food.. and produce is prepackaged: I do buy organic free trade coffee... but I don't care where I buy it. Starbucks.. it hurts my wallet I try to buy local and organic, but I don't beat myself up if it isn't organic.. example: Milk and eggs.. I will buy...
Two grocery bags full of crap later, I posted on craigslist what was usable, and the rest got tossed.. I will never go through it all.. old makeup, crappy hair jell... but the bathroom looks a million times better!!
Can you donate or give away 1/2 bottles of toiletries.. what do you do with it all? Shampoo becomes bubble bath for DS, but there is way to much! Who needs 12 bottles of lotion? (all gifts btw) My bathroom is overflowing... it seems like such a waste to toss it... will goodwill take it?