or Connect

Posts by simplymother

Hi! Does anyone know where I can find some Very Baby AIO's? They're my favorite diaper, hands down. I've previously made my own but this is my fourth baby and I just can't even imagine where I would find the time to do that right now.   It seems all the ladies who used to make them are done sewing for now. Anybody have any leads?   (I do know of two: Hooah Huggies doesn't use birdseye, and the stuff she does use must be expensive because her prices are...
Hi ladies. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum, but I used to come here frequently. I've made tons and tons of diapers in my life but now, with baby number 4, homeschooling, and a new home with too many projects to count, I seriously just cannot even think about the possibility of searching for a fabric co-op and sewing a new stash for this little guy.   But I also can't seem to find any one still selling VB aios, my favorite dipe. I know of two: one...
I'm just subbing to this b/c I think we might be dealing with it in a few months. My babe is only 12 months now but she has been biting (me, mostly, but sometimes her sisters) for, oh, about the last 7-8 months! I thought it was teething at first--she did teeth really early, and I don't know, maybe it is, but I think she just likes the feeling. She bites me all the time when I'm nursing, and yes, I take her off for a moment, but that doesn't help the next time! I was a...
Yes, I think kids just go through these phases--extra stressors or not. (Though the things you mentioned are sure likely to trigger them!) I do find it's important to do a little extra monitoring/mentoring during these times, rather than just "wait and hope it takes care of itself" just because, well, a), If it is stress, it won't go away on it's own, and I want to be there to help them work through it (positively!), and b) I think the fighting can kind of become...
That was such a sweet letter, thank you for posting it. I hope you work things out. When I first started reading Gentle Discipline books (esp. Unconditional Parenting) four years ago, my husband was kind of on board (we weren't nearly as different as you and your husband), but not completely. It took a couple of years and lots and LOTS of talking and figuring things out as we went along, but now he is very supportive and probably better at doing what I want to do than I...
Hi, I haven't been here in quite a long time, but I used to be a regular of the GD forum when my first child was just getting to the age when you start thinking about discipline. (I had a different username tho.) Anyway, that's when I read Kids Are Worth It and then UP (and then about 30 million other parenting books but UP is what started it all for me!) There wasn't an Unconditional Parenting Support Thread back then (the book was still relatively new) but I think...
Changing parenting styles--no matter what you change to--is always going to have some funny results at first, you know? It takes some getting used to on both sides (you, as parents trying get into a new groove and find the right balance, and your daughter--trying to work out and make sense of this new way of doing things). That said, Unconditional Parenting isn't about removing all leadership or never setting limits. It's about HOW we do those things--and being aware of...
My friend's baby is 7 months old and otherwise developing normally but won't really reach for and grab at toys and things she puts in front of them. He gets really excited, his arms go straight out wide and he'll even open and close his fists and make noises at it it, but he won't grab for it. His vision has been checked, he hears, and he does suck his thumb, but he will barely even wrap his fingers around something she puts in his hand. This seems like a 4 month thing,...
theorganicsister.com is exactly that.
Hey, I will second that book recommendation. I've just been reading it and just posted some thoughts about it on my blog and came here looking to see what others have to say about it.