or Connect

Posts by dsb76

Thanks so much for the responses.  I have realized over the past week how much I was short changing both babies when nursing.  I think because of exhaustion, always having another hungry baby waiting, wanting some time with no baby on my lap, etc I wasn't letting them nurse until they were completely full.  I am supplementing with formula now when I am home - one twin is happy getting a bottle, the other refuses the bottle unless she is really really hungry (even when I...
My doctor is recommending advancing solids quickly (but also wants me to supplement).  One of the babes is keen on eating, the other is only this week seeming a little interested (still has the tongue thrust though so not quite ready for solids though).  Of course solids don't have as many calories per oz as breast milk or formula so I don't know if that will help much.    They are both "little" but I don't think they are "skinny".  My older daughter was always...
My twins are 6 month old and at their "well visit" today both have fallen off their growth curve.  My pediatrician is recommending that I increase formula supplementation rather drastically.  Currently I nurse when I am home and supplement with formula and pumped milk when I am working but obviously they aren't getting enough.  I'm trying to come up with a plan where I can add in formula while maintaining the supply I have and allowing both babies to get their share of...
Thanks for all the suggestions.  Nope, I've checked for diastasis recti and my muscles appear to together.  I think the problem lies in my unreasonable expectation of what my belly should look like at this weight.
Pre-preg:    138 lbs At delivery  177 lbs 12/7 4wkpp 145 lbs 35" at waist 12/14 5wkpp 143 12/21 6wkpp 142 33.5"   4/15 5mo pp 130 31.5"   I wish I could choose where the weight came off of.  I still have a sizable belly :(   The weight loss has slowed down since I went back to work.  I don't have as much time to exercise and when I arrange childcare it is usually so I can go to work (I'm really missing going to the gym right now) Tracking food...
Hi,  I have a medela freestyle that is about 3 years old that I used with my first child and now I'm using for my twins.  I recently started to have problems with the suction and was wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they corrected it.  While pumping my nipple/breast seems to get stuck in the phlange and doesn't move with the vacuum or express milk.  I have to break the seal to get the pumping action going again - sometimes that will solve the issue but...
4mo1wk postpartum and I am 5lb below my prepreg weight.  I don't think the scale has been this number for 5+ years.  I really need to get more exercise though - I haven't worked out in over a week (it is so hard now that I am back at work) and I am eating horribly.  Today someone asked if I was pregnant :(  so I clearly need to get more exercise (or buy some new shapewear)   My husband just got the p90x dvds so I think I will see if I can do them ...
Hi all My gripe today (and of the last week) is post-partum hair loss.  It is so gross to see these globs of hair in the shower drain.  Does anyone remember how long it lasts for?  I knew it was coming but I forgot how yucky it is.
I do this.  Sometimes I also pump on the way to work if I haven't nursed right before I left.  I have a hands free pump (the medela freestyle) but I prefer using this funny bra contraption that will work with any pump and I throw a receiving blanket over the whole contraption while driving.  It isn't too bad and I have only had minor spills.
I'm pretty sure I am done with birthing babies.  I always planned on 2 and I am okay with 3 but 4 is, well, too many for me.  (And with my luck I'd have triplets or something).  I love being a mom but I my career outside the home is really important to me as well (plus I make a lot more money than my dh).  I am glad to be back at work though I am also completely exhausted.   Our older daughter is 2.5 and I am not planning on homeschooling.  In fact I would love to...