or Connect

Posts by dsb76

I had this - which I thought was really weird because 1) I had no labor and a c/s (no pushing) 2) no hemorrhoids that I knew of...  I used witchhazel wipes (in hemorrhoid aisle) after bms and made sure I took stool softeners and it got better after about a week.     This is what we do too.  We keep her in a long sleeve tee shirt and socks and put her on top of a water proof pad and large prefold.  
My LOs slept from midnight to 6am last night !!!  Unfortunately my 2 yo is sick so she woke me up at 3a asking for milk.  I hope this continues.  I'm hoping I can move them to a different room by the time I start working again.  I am scheduled to work 2 days at the end of Feb and I'm already a little stressed about the idea of going back to work.  I have no idea what I am going to do about childcare - though my mom said she would be able to help out for a few months...
Lilmomma - I think lotrimin  is in the foot aisle - it is also used for athlete's foot. I also read that grapefruit seed oil and tree tea oil have antifungal properties and can be used in a diaper wipe solution.  Also I believe having bare bottom time helps with the rash.
My LO1 has a nasty rash that I think/know is yeast.  It started as a few little tiny red bumps then became angry red raised and has scattered red tiny bumps around the edges.  looks awful.  We have prescrption nystatin but I understand the lotramin  (available otc) works as well if not better.  We are using a zinc oxide diaper cream as well.  - Unfortunately she also looks like she has a little thrush so we are also using the oral solution -  and I am thinking I will...
Diapers...  We are using kissaluvs for the time being (super easy) but Audrey has a yeasty looking rash which is getting worse and now what looks to be thrush.  I am switching her to disposables until it clears up.  I'm wondering if I have to do a vinegar wash of all the cloth diapers now so she doesn't get it again.  Some how Max has avoided the yeast infx (though up until now we did not worry too much about them sharing pacifiers etc - they share my nipples, right?  -...
I don't have any resolutions for the new year.  I have plenty of goals but none of them are specific to 2012.   This is sure to be an interesting year though - going from a family of 3 to a family of 5 is going to be nuts.  My goal really is to survive and come up with more concrete goals for 2013!   Out of the blue my mom offered to watch the babies tonight for a few hours so dh and I could go out to dinner!  It will have to be a late dinner so I can put dd1 to...
No change this week in my weight.  That is okay - I feel a lot better now that I started exercising again.  I finished the first week of c25k and I am doing planks.  I checked myself for diastasis recti and I think I am in the clear.  I am still avoiding most abd exercises though.   I am not dieting since I want to make sure I am eating enough to nurse my babies but I think it is likely that the remaining weight won't come off with out some diet changes.
With dd1 I almost never changed her more than once over night - I used disposables at night with her and cloth during the day.  Of course I was completely spoiled with dd1 - she almost never leaked, didn't spit up, wasn't gassy, slept well...  The twins leak constantly unless I change them every 3 hrs.  They also spit up constantly.  So I'm doing a lot of laundry *sigh*.  Still trying to figure out if I have  a formilk/hindmilk issue or if Max has reflux.  He nurses ok...
Congrats Azedehhast on your baby! If you haven't checked it out all ready there is a nice cesarean forum with a thread on what to expect after a c-section.  I thought it was useful to read about other people's experiences.   I am so glad the holiday is over.  Schlepping a 2 year old and 2 babies plus food and gifts even just across town was exhausting.  Plus Max spits up constantly and always looks so uncomfortable after eating :( Today is the aftermath.  It...
That's excellent!   My two cluster nurse in the afternoon from about 3p til about 11p but then only nurse once between 3 and 4 -  So I'm actually getting sleep!  I hope this continues. They are not on any schedule anymore but I use timers to keep track of when they eat (o/w I get confused - especially at night).